Chapter 6

"You broke his ribs!" Mum yelled at Nick's face. "Why on earth would you do that?"

"That's not like you" Dad shook his head. Uh, it so was. 

Nick sighed, exasperated. "I'm not even sorry" He walked up the stairs to his room and like a child who didn't get the candy he wanted, slammed it shut.

"Honey" Mum turned to me and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Have you visited him yet?"

I faked a smile. "He just got out of surgery from last night and I don't really feel like I should visit him"

"As long as it's anyone but Nick visiting him, you should be fine" Dad chimed in before walking into the kitchen.

"You and Christian haven't spent time together since you were 15. What happened?"

"Friends become distant, mum" I brought her in for a hug. "I'm going out with some friends, do you need anything?"

She shook her head and waved me off. "No, you go have fun but don't be home too late"

I nodded and walked out of the house with my phone, keys and wallet. My baby was waiting outside, with his rusty hinges and paintjob. I opened the door and as I sat down, pulled out my phone so I could call Julian. He answered on the second call and I asked if he was free so we could hang out. He told me he was and to meet each other at a frozen yogurt place. I happily agreed and hung up.

The drive to the place was silent and silence meant time to think. I was genuinely surprised that Nick broke Christian's ribs and I felt sorry for him too. What I should be doing is driving to the hospital so I can apologise on Nick's behalf but I couldn't bring myself to it. Maybe I could ask Kira to tell Christian, I said sorry. Then again, it would probably boost his ego and make him think he was winning.

"I can't believe Nick broke his ribs" Julian shook his head as we found a table outside.

"Jul" I groaned. "I came here to stop thinking about that"

He shoved frozen yogurt in his mouth. "Sorry. What's up for this weekend?"

"I think most of mine is going to taken up with Blake" I continued when he gave me a look. "Doing the novella"

"Oh right yeah I'm supposed to be doing it with that chick, I think her name is Lydia, I can't remember but yeah we haven't spoken about it" He shrugged and looked disinterested. Of course he wasn't interested, he wasn't even interested in school.

"Seriously, can you please try? For Lydia at least?" I shook my head and had a spoonful of the delicious frozen yogurt.

"Yeah I will, I kind of have to. With it being year 12 and all" 

"Year 12" I sighed and looked down at my yogurt. I started to push it around in the cup. 

"I have to concentrate now, don't I?" Julian said with a hint amusement. 

I laughed. "Yeah do you think you can handle class?"

"No but I'll get used to it" He shook his head and smiled. 

When we had finished our frozen yogurt and decided to leave the shop, we went to Cantrell's Automotive Repair. Dad wasn't working today because he was sick and was probably still at home yellng at Nick some more. Lucky, Christian's parent's didn't sue mine, they were still friends, despite Christian and I's lack of affection. 

It was a busy day since this shop was among the only shops in a 20 mile radius that opened on Saturdays and it was one of those days where you really needed the boss. Julian was doing an engineering course outside of class which meant he knew more than just the basics so he went straight to helping the rest of the boys repair the cars. I on the other hand decided to help Emily with the paperwork. I liked working with Emily, because putting the fact that she was an amazing person, aside, she always had gossip about the drama's in her friendship group and to be honest, it was just entertaining.