Chapter 5

"How could you be stuck with Blake?" Kira questioned me. "I mean like out of everyone in your class you're stuck with him?" She seethed.

I shrugged took a sip of my ice tea. "I don't know, and he's not that bad anyway. Just as long as Christian isn't around, it'll be alright"

Julian, Tyson, Zane, Jade and Kira looked at me with the mouths agape. Okay, so maybe he was bad. He smoked, had piercings and tattoos. Only recently had he started smoking and we still aren't sure whether he just smokes cigarettes or weed. Maybe even both. He got his piercings when we first became juniors and got his tattoos not long after. Needless to say, he was hot and his ear piercing made a lot of girls swoon. 

"He's not that bad?" Julian laughed. "Tammy, he may be quiet, but you and I both know that he deals drugs with some bad people" Oh and there was that too.

"It's okay!" I reassured my friends. "I'll probably end up doing most of the work and he won't be around" 

"Whatever you do, don't go to his house" Tyson shook his head as he looked at me.

I walked outside the school doors and saw Blake leaning against my car with a cigarette in his hand. I sighed at his addiction and walked towards him. As I approached he snapped his head up and looked at me.

"Hey Tamara" He nodded. 

"Blake" I mustered a smile and tried not to cough when I inhaled the stench.

He didn't respond to my acknowledgement so I continued to talk. "Are you going to leave me to do the work?" I asked.

Blake smirked his super attractive smirk. "No, I enjoy English as much as you do" He laughed. "Of course I don't like the classes but I do take an interest in it" 

My eyebrows immediately shot up. I couldn't tell if he was lying. I mean like, I had no idea what grades he got and I didn't really pay attention to his work either so I guess I could believe the fact that he liked English. As much as I did.

"Well we're going to get along just fine" I gave him a genuine smile. I smiled at the guy that respected English and his work and not at the guy that lived a bad life.

"No" He said again. "You won't be a part of my life, not because I don't like you and I do, but because of what I do and the people I know" His tone darkened.

I nodded. "I understand. This is strictly business" 

"Good. Now your house or my house?" He asked and inhaled more of the toxicating smoke. 

"How about the library?" I asked with a hopeful smile.

-

"Tomorrow you're coming with me to buy a new dress" Jade literally commanded me through the phone. 

"Jade, I can't, Blake and I are starting the novella over the weekend" I sighed. It was true, after our we researched how to write an interesting novella, Blake suggested we work together on the book over the weekend. We hadn't come up with an idea yet so that was what the weekend was for.

"You mean you're starting it?" She giggled. 

"No, believe it or not but Blake actually takes an interest in English" 

Jade gasped. "Blake likes English?"

"Yeah I had the same reaction" I laughed. When we arrived at the library I expected Blake to turn around and walk away. But he didn't. He found a spot in the corner and we did work. We both found a few ideas and exchanged them. He didn't seem to be playing me the entire time.

"Well maybe we can go shopping after your little study session with Blake?" She asked.

"Yeah, Of course" I nodded but mentally slapped myself when I realised how stupid I was.