Hospital

Sapphire's POV

"Ow, my head," I grumbled. I looked up. The windshield was completely obliterated with bits of glass scattered all over us. I looked over at Ruby. She was ice cold. I was going to say something to her about the incident while we were off the highway, but I guess I can't anymore.
"Ruby!" I shouted at her. No answered. I didn't want to try and shake her awake. It could make the whole truck shake and make us slide into the river. I heard sirens come towards us.
"Three survivors! Two in the truck, one in the car!" A police shouted. I could feel the truck being pulled back onto the highway, away from the edge. I had scratches all over me, but not anything too bad.
"Are any of you hurt?" The police officer asked. I tried to answer until I blacked out.

~Time skip to hospital~

"Where... where am I?" I asked.
"Look who's awake," A calm voice greeted. I think it was a nurse. My vision was still blurry from the accident.
"Can you tell me your name, sweetheart?" She asked me calmly.
"Sapphire," I managed to grunt out.
"Last name?" She asked.
" Luttrell," I answered.
"Is Ruby okay?" I asked.
"Is Ruby the name of your friend that was in the car with you?" She asked. I nodded my head.
"Well... she doesn't remember her name. All she could say was 'need girlfriend'. I'm afraid a large part of her brain had been damaged... or even fractured. I believe that the doctor said that she has forgotten most of her speech. She's definitely in a fragile state. On the bright side, she's still alive," The nurse said. My heart ached.

This was all my fault.