Ch.2 The powers that be

hope you like it. by the way, this is someone else's point of view (pov).. yeah, i love this style. so try to get it. hehehh. ;p and again,, sorry for the wrong punctuation and capitalization.

Chapter 2: Nick.

"Get the hell out of my room!!" Cue explosion. "My jacket!" Crash. "I'll burn all your hair off, Michael, I swear to god!" Scream just in time. And cue smart-ass retort. "You couldn't touch it, babe, even if you wanted to." Well, that was the retort but i don't know where the smart-ass went. "Ha!"

God, this is giving me a migraine. i don't feel like dealing with this right now. Not that i ever did. Boom! Another explosion. The heat was intense. The Agency was air-conditioned almost to the point of freezing, but in this particular wing, you'd have to expect and get used to the flashes of heat, occasional bedlam, or more than occasional nuisance. Good thing no one else ever dares to reside here, anyways. "Ugh!!" Boom. "Whoa, close one, hot stuff!"

i groaned and forced my feet to keep going as the sounds of war continued to echo throughout the vast halls . This is where "Ms. Hothead" and "Mr. Pains-in-the-ass" dominate. I don't really call them that, though. Not even in a playful way. I try to be the responsible one, the practical one, the think-straight one, the mature one, basically. Especially now.

i turned and climbed two steps on the stairs when i was accosted by a burning wall of rippling heat. Damn it. i had sensed the pandemonium moments before. Heck, you didn't have to sense it to know there would be pandemonium. Here. Between these two. Again. "Ugh!" came the familiar screech of our female friend followed by similarly recognizable male laughter. i sighed.

i took the stairs two at a time to end all this. "Michaaaaaaeeel! You're driving me crazy!"

"Ooh, there! She said it ladies and gentlemen! She must dream about me every night." i can't hear any more of this or I'll be the next to explode.

"Like Hell! That's not what i said you little dunce. You are so-"

"Saphira, please. You're melting everything. We're all dehydrated already" I said firmly as i barged in there like i owned the whole damn place. "And Michael," I turned to look at my scowling brother, he's one year behind me in age but ages behind in behavioral maturity. "must you really go to such measures to piss off the entire population? Grow up, both of you." I was tired and so not in the mood for this.

Instantly, the fire around the girl's hands vanished, leaving cream-colored skin on the willowy blond girl. Still, the fire in her sapphire blue eyes was still there and was directed to the smirking dark-haired male triplets in the corner. In the next second, the two on the flanks vibrated slightly like images on a bad screen then disappeared, half-merging into the real one in the middle. We all sighed a different sigh. One of exasperation, one of weariness and one of annoyance.

"He started it. He barged into my room and tried to drag me out for more experiments. Christ!" Saphira had had more than enough experiments and tests. Ask the charred scientists and assistants with the 3rd degree burns. If it weren't for her uncontrollable fury at the time, we all would have rolled over with laughter at the men who were rolling over with panic to extinguish the flames. Classic.

"Oh, don't be such a drama queen." Michael teased. Fire engulfed the girl's hands again, hot and angry.

"Oh, for the love of God, Phira. i'm going to lock you up in a freezer if you don't get your temper under control. And Michael," i whirled on my brother. "shut the hell up and stay solo. Better yet, get the hell out of here! We're supposed to be heading to the briefing room. Go on ahead." I told him. "I have to talk to Phira."

His eyebrows rose at that but something gave him the sense to just shut up and do what he was told. A moment after i let the door close and tasted the atmosphere in the room, i turned slowly.

"Phira, have you heard anything from your sister?" Get ready for it. Her blue eyes sparked when a quick flash of fire puffed in her hands. Disappearing as quickly as it came. I was lucky.

"Nicholas, for the hundredth time, i don't know where she is." she said in a tired voice. But i felt like she was... struggling with something. Holding back, maybe. Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So i simply said "i don't think you were answering my question." She looked away and took a deep breath, determined to be stubborn.

"Well...?" i stretched it out. I was never really sure if what i think she was thinking was ever really close. Not like my brother. And not like with my brother, whom i couldn't read so easily either.

Really? My brother? How is it that he is able to make sense of her and predict her even? Perhaps opposites do attract. He, with his black hair that he never cuts so it falls over his light blue eyes, and stands almost as tall as i am in his clothes that were probably all made from the same black cloth and leather. All his clones are dressed in that black ensemble. i shook my head. Meanwhile, i sport the same straight hair only in a sandy blond that i keep away from my eyes of a darker blue and dress more casually.

Yeah, i know. Blond with blue eyes - such a cliché. But Phira's never thought that. Not because she's blond and blue-eyed but because she's never one to judge. i can tell by the kindness in her eyes. Go figure someone as 'fiery' as she is can look and be so soft and compassionate. Just like her sister. I sighed.

"Phira? How is she at least?" i tried again. She looked at me and i wasn't sure how she looked. Sad? Pitying? Troubled? Doubtful? Then in such a low voice, "She's fine, Nick."

i didn't expect that. Was she really? "Seriously, Phira."

"Why would i lie?" she exhaled, desperate to end the conversation.

"Right." i nodded. "You never do." Then we both headed out to the briefing room where Michael was waiting.

Sorry if it was dragging. i just had to introduce the main characters first. please comment and vote!! pretty, pretty please!!. and maybe be a fan?. please!!. thanks..