There was a possibility that the two of us wouldn't last - there was always that risk when you're dating someone - and it frightened me. We were either going to make it, or we weren't, and thinking that far into the future scared me shitless. So I would make the most of what we had and remember all the little details in the span that we were together and not take it for granted.

I pulled Lynn into me impossibly closer and shut my eyes.

The average length of a hug between two people is three seconds. But when a hug lasts longer, there is a therapeutic effect on the body and mind. A sincere hug produces a hormone called oxytocin which has many benefits in our physical and mental health. It helps us, among other things, to relax, to feel safe, and calm our fears and anxiety. And I knew Lynn needed that more than anyone right now.

"Why does being in love feel so good?" Lynn whispered into the silence.

"Because some of the most powerful brain circuits for pleasure are triggered," I explained, brushing a piece of hair away from her face. "Dopamine is the main chemical, which is basically like experiencing something similar to a cocaine high."

Lynn laughed. "I was asking hypothetically."

I rolled over so I had half my body on top of hers and buried my face into the crook of her neck. The smell of peppermint wafted around me and I hummed in affection. The feeling of Lynn's body against mine would never get old.

The touch of Lynn's lips against my jaw sent shivers up my arms and I tucked myself in even closer. One of her hands played with the hair at the nap of my neck while the other trailed up and down my spine, only adding onto the goosebumps.

"Can we stay in bed all day?" I asked.

"I wish," Lynn responded.

I closed my eyes and lost myself in the feel of Lynn's fingers through my hair. There wasn't any school today; all the instructors had a workshop day, meaning no classes. Staying in bed was totally accomplishable, but unfortunately Chloe would be coming back soon and I wasn't going to be here when she does.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" Lynn asked.

"I was hoping we could move this cuddling to my room," I admitted. "I don't want to do anything but be in bed with you all day."

Lynn laughed as her hand on my spine trailed down to my lower back. "Come out with me tonight."

I sat up on my elbow and looked at her. "You have plans?"

"Harry invited me out to this bar tonight."

"Harry, huh?" I asked, rising a brow at her. "But you don't even drink."

The smile on Lynn's face was obvious that she was enjoying my jealousy. "He invited me to see his band. It's the first performance Godless Intuition is playing with a new guitar player. And that player happens to be my friend, Jillian."

I thought for a moment. "What about your ankle?"

Lynn sighed as she moved to lie on her back. "I need to get out. I've been cooped up in here for two days now, and frankly, I miss my friends," she complained. "I'll bring my crutches and make sure to put zero pressure on the injury."

I looked at her, to see if there was any kind of hint of past feelings she might have felt toward Harry in her eyes, but there wasn't anything there that told me she still felt that way.

I didn't have any reason to dislike Harry except for the fact that he was with Lynn at one point. But that was well done and over with, and now that I got the girl, I shouldn't have this distaste for him anymore. But I couldn't help it. He had Lynn when I couldn't, and as far as him and everyone else knew, that was still true.