Chapter 14

"Damn, so you dreamt all of this?!"

"Yes." I explain to Lucas and Farkle and we wait in the hospital waiting room.

"That's so creepy...but how?" Farkle asks. Intrigued

"That's just it...I still don't know what the hell is happening..or- how- I just don't know."

I lose the grip to my voice as it slips. We all manage to stay pretty calm, saying as the doctor said it wasn't that horrific and that she will definatly live.

"Huh.." Lucas added.

"Huh.." I mocked the tone in his voice like maya usually does.

I'm kind of stand off ish around Lucas as of now because of what happened....or what he doesn't know what happened. If you know me I can't keep a secret. But I had to keep this one otherwise it would ruin him and maya.

"Hnnngggggh" I groan and lean back in the chair, as I breathed in for a sigh a large amount of doctor chemical smell entered my lungs and I coughed uncontrollably.

"Are you okay?!" Farkle laughed.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks. I just hate that stupid smell."

Everything was really awkward in the waiting room. We were very silent after that. The only sound keeping it from being insanely awkward was the waiting room music playing the top 70's.

Dancing queen by Abba started playing and all of our heads perked up. It was our group song. The song we requested at every school dance, and at the party last night. All of a sudden as the first line plays I hear mumbles of all of us singing.

"Friday night and the lights are low.." we all keep quiet during the first few verses but when the chorus comes we can't help ourselves. We all stand up from our seats and dance around, holding fake microphones to our mouths ignoring that we are in a hospital waiting room and people are around us. I stood up on my chair laughing and we all started to sing loudly.

"You are the Dancing queen! Young and sweet, only seventeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!"

I hop down from my chair and put my arms around Farkle and Lucas and we all sing in unicin.

"Dancing queen! Feel the beat on the tambourine oh yeaaaaaaaah!!!"

We start to do a kickline.

"Yooouuu can daaaaaanceee! You can daaaaaanceee! Having the time of your liiiiife!!"

We break apart and slowly move back to our seats.

"Ooooh, see that girl-" we soon get interrupted by a doctor in scrubs walking into the waiting room and we quickly take our seats as if a school bell rang.

"You may visit maya now." He says plainly.

We quickly stand up, realizing why we're here again and rush to follow the doctor.

We all look at each other and giggle slightly and nervously.

We walk in silence with the doctor through the long, cold halls. I'm not a fan of doctors at all...all of it scares me. The building, the tools, the nurses... no offence to the people who live this as their lives with passion, but I just don't like it.

Chills shiver down my spine as we get closer to the room, turning many corners. Farkle must have noticed or sensed my fear and he put his arm on my shoulder. I flinched and then nervously smiled back at him.

Finnally, we get to Mayas room. It seems even the silence became more silent. We were all quiet while walking into the room.

There was Maya, she was awake and if she wasn't in a hospital bed, she would've looked very normal.

"Maya!" We all shout in unicin.

I run up and give her a hug.

"I'm...I'm so sorry." I said to her smiling with sorrow in my brow.

"What could you possibly be sorry for." She smiled at me whole heartedly.

Me, Lucas and Farkle all give each other a look and the nurse leaves.

"Well..." I mumbled..

Her happy expression drops.

"Oh god Riley what did you do." She says while Rubbing her forehead.

"Nothing!!" I defended myself.

It's just... I've been having weird dreams like you know...

"Yeah? What doers that have to do with-"

Her eyes widened in realization.

"Okay...what the actual fuck." She nearly yelled remembering what I told her about my dream of her getting hit and being in the hospital.

"Riley..your dream..it predicted what just happened."

"What the hell?" She mumbled under her breath not believing this.

"That's insane." She spoke up.

"I'm hoping it was just a coincidence." I rub my arm nervously.

Lucas and Farkle nod.

"Well, it's not impossible that she's getting visions-" Farkle spoke up.

"You see, it's like the story of Joan of Arc. She started getting visions and everyone thought she was crazy, but everything she visioned started coming true."

We all just stare at farkle for a moment.

"Well...I mean he's not wrong.." Lucas stated.

Me and maya still stare blankly.

"What if it keeps happening?" Farkle asks.

"Guys. Your being crazy I'm sure it was just a coincidence." I reassure them.

"Your probably right, but it's still super creepy." Farkle said.

Maya just nodded, still feeling drowsy from the pain medicine after her small outburst  happened.

"Maya, you should get some rest. We will all be back tomorrow.." Lucas said, going and kissing her on the forehead.

"But-" I tried to reason with Lucas because she was my best friend and she was hurt.

"Cmon riley.." He urged me. 

"Fine." I gave maya a kiss on the forehead as well and Farkle just hugged her. And we walked out.

Something about this didn't make me feel very good.

I didn't want to leave maya in that hospital room alone and by herself.

She must be scared.

I thought for a moment.

No..Maya Hart is never scared.

I reminded myself. While we were walking down the long halls there was silence.. but it felt like something was wrong...I just didn't like the feeling I had okay?

I looked back and saw maya standing in the hall right behind me.

"Maya?"

"Riley." She said back to me.

"Riley....riley...RILEY!!"

A hand waved in front of my face as I was back in reality.

I looked back as the vision of the girl faded away into dust.

"Are you okay?" Lucas said, grabbing me by the shoulders and looking in my eyes.

"Yeah...I'm- I'm fine, just a little sad that's all." 

He gave me a hug and we continued to walk out the doors of the hospital, headed home.