♡Chapter 3♡

♡Riley♡

I sit down at the lunch table right next to Lucas but Farkle and Maya weren't there.
Where are they? They were just here a second ago. "Hey Lucas? Did you see where Maya and Farkle went?" I ask curiously worried. "I'm not sure Riley, they have kinda been in their own little world lately."
I just nod and continue to eat until out of the corner of my eye I see something slightly strange...
"Lucas?" I say, looking off to the right.
"Yes Riley?" He replies simply.
"Why did Maya just shove herself and Farkle into a closet?" Lucas nearly spits out his drink and his eyes widen jurassically.
"WHAT?!" He yells shocked.
"Uh, yeah." I conclude. Lucas looks back over to me, taking a bite of his hamburger and watching me eat my fries delicatly.
"Why do girls always eat so adorable and take mini bites." He asked. I raised my eyebrows, pondering if he actually just asked that question.
"Have you seen Maya eat?!" I laugh. Lucas just chuckles in return.
"Do you think their uhm...ya know...in there?"
"I hope you mean making out because I can't even think of Maya having sex with Farkle." His eyes widen.
"Woah Riles, I didn't mean that!" He sounded shocked.
"Sorry." I chuckle. "Maya would tell me if she liked Farkle....Right?" I ask.
"Definitely." Lucas states simply."You both tell each other everything. I doubt she is keeping anything from you."

I barely listen to what Lucas is saying because all I can think about is Maya and Farkle. Whatever she is doing, she doesn't want me or Lucas to know. Otherwise she would've brought me along too.

A pang of jealousy floods through my veins, feeling like ice. I want to barge in and talk to her. But a part of me is telling me not too. Whatever is happening she will tell me...right?
I guess I will ask her about it later.
But...why am I feeling Jealous about this? Why is the thought of Maya and Farkle making me upset? I've never felt this way before...this was strange. I didn't understand, I shouldn't be jealous.

"RIIIIILEEEEY!" Lucas yells, waving his hand in front of my face.
"What?" I say obliviously. I was daydreaming.
"You were just zoned out, everything okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine Lucas, thanks." Lucas looks at me, concerned.
"Look Riley, I'm sure everything's fine." He smiles slightly, gazing into my eyes. His reassuring voice soothes me. Almost like if I was getting a back massage, My muscles loosen and relax and I feel at peace for the moment.
I continue to eat  my burger and fries in silence, not knowing exactly what to talk about. Lucas awkwardly eats his burger, glancing at me every once and a while. Once I finish I bring my tray up to the lunch lady and she stacks it with the others. Lucas does so too. I walk back to the lunch table and sit down, still looking off in the distance, wishing Maya would come back, it was weird without her. She always kept the conversation going.

Soon enough I see her and Farkle emerge out of the janitorial closet and Mayas face looks like she's been crying, but that can't be. I sit there overly concerned and both of them and am about to get up when Lucas pulls out a pack of gum.
"Want some?" He asks.
"Sure." I say quickly, wanting to head over to Maya, I hold out my hand for a piece but instead, something happens that I don't quite expect.

Lucas kisses me.

He kisses me and I get distracted, returning the kiss passionately. I think of the taste of gum that were on his lips and breath. It was great, I had never kissed anyone like this before and it was exhilarating. My adrenaline was fast and my heart rate felt like it was going 10 million beats per second. Lucas and I continue to kiss until I see my dad start to walk into the cafeteria. I quickly project myself backwards and fall off of my chair.
"Riley, are you okay?!" Lucas yells and comes and helps me back up onto my seat.
"Hands off bucko!!" My dad yells, running over to Lucas pushing him, leaving me to fall back onto the floor.
"Ow! Dad!!!" I yell back.
"Keep your big buckaroo hands off of my daughter cowboy!" He yelled at lucas.
Yeesh. If he would've seen what we just did, what would he do then?
I chuckle. "Sorry about him." I get up off of the floor and sit back on my chair.
"He sure called you a lot of western names....I'm sorry again." I slightly giggle.
"It's fine. Just be glad he didn't see-"
"Yeah." I interrupt. "He would've expelled you." Lucas laughs. "Probably."
Me and Lucas continue to talk throughout lunch but when I look over to see where Maya and Farkle are, they were gone.

What is she keeping from me?

A/N:♡

Sorry for the short chapter guys! I'm feeling a little tired tonight. Just a reminder: I post every night and I don't sleep until I get something published XD Comment down below what you think is gonna happen in the story! I love hearing your ideas!

♡SparkleLikeAFarkle♡