An Explanation

If anyone reading this had read my original book, Dyslexic Me, then you've probably noticed that there's one dramatic difference in this book. This book is not geared simply towards Dyslexia. The reason for this, is because of how I've been diagnosed and what I've learned from that.

First Grade: Diagnosed with Specific Learning Disorder (or as I like to call it, the School System Cop Out Answer)

Sixth Grade: Diagnosis changed- Dyslexia. Add on disabilities- Sensory Processing Disorder, Visual Processing Disorder, Auditory Processing Disorder.

Tenth Grade: Added Disability- Non Verbal Learning Disorder

Twelfth Grade: Add On- ADHD

The majority of doctors and therapists I have worked with are all in agreement that if you were to combine some of these disabilities that it would add up to, Autism Spectrum Disorder. However, I have not been officially diagnosed because while they've told me to at this point in my life there's really no reason to. My point in this is yes, because I'm familiar with so many of these disabilities, but also because I want people to understand how closely related all of these disabilities are. How they mimic some of the same symptoms. It's confusing and complicated, even professionals get confused constantly and unfortunately misdiagnosis are fairly common.