6 - Some Like The Dog Chase

Börja om från början

By the time I arrived in the foyer, I saw a cab just routing to the exit gate. I assumed she was inside.

I groaned. Dammit, she's fast. But I like it. She's giving me the chase.

Hastily, I neared my Maybach which was still parked right where I left it. The jock and his minions surrounding it like it was pus*sy looked like they were about to drool. I whistled and their attention was quickly on me.

"Satisfactory. You've taken good care of my toy boys," I said whilst pulling a wad of cash from my wallet. Handing it to their leader, he quickly showed me a toothy grin.

"I could be your driver Boss if you need one," he offered.

I grinned back at him before slipping into the driver's seat. "Finish your college first."

It didn't take me long. I was out of the school's premises before a woman could even zip my fly down.

Plate number 4N19b. With a bumper sticker of 6743-9081-6257. Yellow taxi. Toyota, 2014 model.

Just a glance, but I'd already taken those specific infos to heart. I don't even know what the stupid bumper sticker is for, but I had memorized it as easily as licking...an ice cream.

Searching for the vehicle, my eyes caught sight of it turning into an alleyway. I speedily stepped on the pedals with the plan to reach it stat.

Luckily, traffic was on my side. I cut in its path. The cab's tires screeched when it came to a halt, just inches away from my bumper.

I disembarked lightning fast and neared the passenger's side.

A scowl appeared in my face then when I saw who she was.

She was a nobody, but this nobody was partly surprised and partly biting her lip, obviously happy with my interruption. She was a double-D, skintight skirt with blonde hair. Typical."Uhmm," she purred, tucking a loose strand on her ear and then leaning towards me to show her cleavage, "Do you have anything you want from m-"

I slammed the door shut right in her useless face.

Tsk! What a waste of time and gas.

Just where is my kitten now? I asked myself, returning to my car with a deeper scowl.

Nicollette

I used the back gate when I left the school. I didn't know why but my gut just told me I had to.

Now, I am in my apartment, soaking in my tub like I had no worries. The echoing sound in my ears had finally ceased.

The word worry however was an understatement when it came to Mr. Ozric. As I contemplated on what happened this night, it left me with nothing but dread. He was the reason for that and it was all because he had gone from dashing to possessive in a split second.

Bipolar much? I don't know. But I am now firm to avoid him at all cost. Like I said, men like him are nothing but trouble.

It was after half an hour when I finished my bath. With the laptop on my bed and me wearing my shorty shorts and spag strap, I checked on my email first, replying to messages sent by Bernard, and then when everything was done, my fingers paused mid type.

The screen showed Google.

In my crazy side, I wanted to search anything and everything about this enigmatic man named Darien Ozric. I wanted to know how he got his business empire and what the media told about him. But in my sane side, it ordered me to stop.