Why?

Dedicated to @moldsmall

-

Draco lounged on the soft armchair, lazily skimming over a book that he didn't even know that he owned. To be honest, he was just waiting for Harry to come home from work. Draco sighed and put the book down. Harry had been acting strange lately and Draco didn't know why.

Maybe I should just ask him. Draco thought. It would be better than letting his problem ruin our relationship.

Just as Draco had finished his thought, the fireplace lit up green and a broad figure stepped out of it. It was Harry, looking pale and worn. There were large bags under his eyes that have been there for the past few weeks.

"Harry, can we talk?" Draco asked, standing up to give his boyfriend a kiss.

"Yeah, sure." Harry accepted the kiss without responding as he reached up to hang his robes on a hook. His sleeve rolled down his arm to reveal something Draco never wanted to see on any person.

"Harry!" Draco exclaimed, rushing to lift up his arm and look at the red lines that marred the beautifully tanned skin. Harry pulled away with a wince. Draco's heart ached. "Harry, what's wrong? Is it something I did?"

Harry looked away from him. "I'm fine."

"Harry, no you're not fine," Draco said, voice trembling. "Why are you doing this? Is there something wrong at work?"

"I said I'm fine!" Harry shouted, roughly pulling his arm away from Draco. "I don't want to talk to you!"

And with a twist and a pop, Harry was gone. Draco sniffled and rubbed his nose. He tried to stop tears falling from his eyes, but failed. Never once in their relationship had Harry raised his voice at him. Draco was tempted to lie down in their bed and cry but he knew that he had to find his boyfriend. Wiping tears away from his face, he made his way to the kitchen and picked up his wand from the counter. He apparated to the first place he thought Harry might've gone to.

Draco appeared in the Granger-Weasley household in a panic. Hermione and Ron ran down the stairs, wands at the ready.

"Draco?" Hermione asked as she lowered her wand. "What's wrong? You look like a mess."

It was probably true. He had just been crying so his face was probably all red and blotchy, as it always was when he cried. He might've looked a bit mad too, searching for Harry in every corner of their house. It was probably why Ron hadn't put down his wand yet.

"Have you seen Harry?" Draco asked, voice scratchy and desperate.

"Harry? What's wrong with Harry?" Ron asked, now panicking.

"I don't know! He's been acting really strange lately and when he came home from work, there were cuts on his arm and he shouted at me and he never shouts at me-" Draco babbled, hoping that he made sense.

"He shouted at you?" Hermione said in disbelief. The whole time Harry and Draco had dated, Hermione had never seen Harry mistreat the blond, or anyone at all.

Draco nodded desperately. "And now he's gone!"

"He's gone? Where?" Ron asked.

"I don't know! That's why I came here, to see if he would be here. But he's clearly not. Just, if you see or even hear of him, tell me immediately," Draco pleaded.

"We will. Maybe you could go to Grimmauld Place or Godric's Hollow," Hermione said, offering suggestions as to where Harry would be.

"Don't bother going to any busy towns, like Hogsmeade. If he left you, then he wouldn't go somewhere as crowded as that," Ron advised.