5•blind

Chapter Five: Blind
song: paranoid • black sabbath

Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean Ship Athena • 10:33am1973

Ship Athena • 10:33am
1973

The ship had been alive for the past few days. Dawson had ventured off and made friends with the many soldiers and Conrad had tried, but he wasn't very good in social situations - well, compared to Dawson that was.

Yet the time had come when they had to venture into the island. The storm was getting closer to the ship, forcing the crew to leave earlier than expected, and, all had seemed well until the storm consumed them.

It had all happened so fast. They had boarded the helicopters and Conrad and Dawson had been giddy with the thrill of being close to the clouds again. It had brought them back to the days they'd fly daily, and the smiles couldn't be wiped from their faces. Yet, that was until they reached the storm.

Weaver had been taking pictures happily, but she was now clinging to the roof for dear life and Conrad was clutching Dawson's hand as lighting flashed on either side of the helicopter.

The wind had turned violent and was now rushing into the helicopter at full speed, sending Dawson's and Weavers hair flying backwards from the shear force of it.

The helicopter began to beep just as Weaver began to scream and Dawson wrapped her arm around Weaver's - clutching onto the people either side of her for dear life. Then - clear sky's.

They burst into the Island, the array of colors finding their eyes instantly. Bright greens, vibrant blues, breath taking yellows and gritty browns - the island was awash with colors.

Dawson laughed, a new found feeling of glee finding her stomach and she looked at Conrad, letting out a sigh of relief as his smile found her face.

Weaver began snapping photos of the birds soaring through the sky and she turned to Conrad and Dawson, snapping a photo of them as they laughed together - relishing in the freeness of it all.

The island was a tropical paradise. Dawson could see herself staying there for a lifetime, and the place was a tranquil sight until she saw the orange of flames burst from the ground.

They were beginning to drop bombs. The smile on Dawson's face was extinguished and Conrad's expression fell to a look of deep seated anger.

"Always gotta ruin the moment" Dawson commented, brushing the thick curls away from her face due to the air coming into the helicopter. "You know, it was so peaceful until-"

Dawson's words were cut short by the sight that came into view. Everything slowed down- time, noise, the feel of the air against her skin. Everything came to a halt, everything except from the gigantic beast taking down helicopters with its mighty hands.