Rusty Eyes (England)

*•* be cautious *•*

Every story has a beginning, during and after.

Every night, I pray to forget the during, but no matter what I do, it stays burned in the back of my teeth.

As any good story should, let's start with the beginning and keep going until we reach the end.

**Beginning**

"If no one is going to volunteer, I'll just choose someone. Mmm.." the teacher, Ms. Jernigan mumbled as she pulled out the seating chart. "Lets have (Y/n) (L/n) and Arthur Kirkland do it."

There were sighs of relief echoing around the room as I slowly looked at him out of the corner of my eye.

Arthur Kirkland, popular, attractive, outgoing, suave with the ladies, intelligent and all around good guy.

And then there was me.

(Y/n) (L/n), well-known but not popular, okay-ish looks, reserved, a stuttering mess around anyone taller than me, decent grades and a regular Joe.

Is it fate? Or just a joke?

********

"Ah, you're (Y/n), right? I've seen you around but you're never alone to talk to." Arthur said as his emerald eyes scanned my small frame.

"A-ah.. yeah..." I mumble as I untucked my (h/l) hair and looked away. "You always seem pretty busy, too"

His soft, pale hand gently gripped my chin and tilted my face closer to his. "Tsk, tsk, tsk.. its rude to look away in a conversation, love." He smiled as his eyes gleamed playfully.

My cheeks burned red as my eyes widened. "I-I'm sorry.."

"Shh.. I'm just playing with you. Let's go now, alright?" He chuckled as he moved his hand from my face to my hand.

******

"Arthur!" I whined as he tickled me relentlessly. Dating and working in the school library is a great combination. No one needs the school library so it simply becomes a make out hotspot.

"Ohhh, I knew it!" He cackled as he went in deeper. "I knew you're ticklish!"

"A-Arthur!" I howled. I grabbed his hands but his strength overwhelmed me.

"You cannot lie to me!" He shouted victoriously.

"Uncle! Uncle! Uncle!" I cried out.

"Uncle?" He stopped abruptly as his head tilted to the side.

"Wachow!" I whooped as I lunged at him, knocking him on his side.

"I yield!" He yelled before I could even do anything.

"You wimp!" I laughed as I wiped a tear out of my eye.

"It's my only shame.." he sighed as he looked away. I gripped his  chin and turned him back towards me.

"It's rude to look away during a conversation." I grinned as I leaned towards him, smiling into a kiss.

******

"Are you sure this is a shortcut?" I said uneasily as we walk through a dark alley.

"Yes, and don't worry, kidnappings in alleyways only happen in movies.." He replied.

We walked aimlessly around in the dimly lit town until the gleaming lights of the city shined in the distance.

"What did I te-" Arthur stopped abruptly as he lifted his hand up.