3.

He panicked as he was pushed into a small extremely crowded pen, other horses frightened & tagged. Shoving each other trying to get the food & to the water that was available. Blueberry the weak but tall thoroughbred stallion shook as he was pushed away. No one cared if he was the stallion of the group, they knew he was weak. They named him Blueberry because of his dark blue eyes, something rare in a horse. Blueberry could barely whinny he needed help, he has no voice he can't defend himself without a partner by his side.

Alesia's Point Of View
Oh I'm so excited I thought as I sat in the large Ford truck, "so you excited" Fran asked as we pulled into the parking lot. Did she read my mind or something, "yeah I'm excited & nervous." I replied as I quickly got out of the truck, I had a bright yellow halter & lead in my hands. Hopefully a horse head will be in it soon, that sounded kinda creepy.

"We'll all you have to do is look around & is you find the one you like then you get someone's attention." Fran spoke as we passed the entrance gait, the sound of whinnies & frightening neighs filled the air. When we got to the back different sizes pens were filled with horses, no room to breathe or to stretch. One stallion had his head between the pen openings, he had a large blaze going down his dark brown face.

I gave him a smile & made my way over, he was a very large horse but right now he was underweight. He probably couldn't hold a saddle on his back, "hi boy" I whispered as I approached the stallion. He quickly pulled away & tried to bolt but he had no room to do so. "Shhhh it's okay" I reassured as I lights stroked his matted thick coat, he needed to be clipped.

His hoofs weren't as bad as I thought they were, they needed a small trim but not much. He seemed like a gentle stallion, but his past I could see was horrible "Fran how long would it take for this one to recover. She gasped as she noticed the stallions condition. "Months maybe a year" she answered before laying her hand on his back. "I would say three months," she spoke before backing away.

"I love his eyes they're dark like blueberries, I would call him Blueberry, he's the one" I whispered as I looked into his eyes. "He's the one are you sure, there are about three hundred other horses here & he's the one?" Fran questioned as she faced me with a questioned look, "yeah he's the one" is all I said "I'll go find someone for you to pay." She spoke before smiling, as she walked away I looked down at the halter.

"I'm gonna take you home boy, I'm gonna give you the life you so deserve," I whispered as I slipped the halter over his head. He stood there & waited as I fastened each loop, I opened the gate & quickly walked him out. The other horses turned they're head but then they quickly looked away, I wish I could rescue them all. "So you picked the runaway stallion," a man asked I sighed then turned around.

"Yeah I did & who cares if he's a runaway he needs help," I answered & defended "well he's three hundred, cash only." He spoke before extending his hand, I rolled my eyes then handed him the money. "The horse will give you nothing in return, you bought a meat horse." He cruelly spoke before walking away with a limp, "what did a horse ever do to you?"

I asked as I began walking away Blueberry followed slowly, "it's okay boy" I whispered before loading him into the trailer. After I secured the trailer door, I ran to the passenger side & hopped in. "Your doing the right thing, I'm proud of you Alesia, he might not make it over night. But knowing he's gonna be in peace is better than anything at all."

I smiled "I know" is all I said before looking out the window, I did call my grandma & told her to meet us at the barn. Fran also rescued a mare named Shadow a completely black mustang. She's a lot shorter than Blueberry though, she's way overweight too "I just don't understand why people would do such cruel things to a horse, any animal in general." Fran frowned "probably because the animals are getting f more attention than the owners, so the owners starve,beat & neglect the animal so they can have the attention."

That still doesn't make sense I thought, "I know it doesn't make sense but it's true," she whispered. Again how does she know what I'm thinking she must be MegaMind, I thought as we pulled into the parking lot of the barn. I hopped out & quickly unlocked the trailer door, Blueberry stood there alert & tired. "Welcome home boy, welcome to a peaceful place," I whispered before leading him out & hooking him to ties.

Once he was hooked & secured I began washing him down, I clipped his body, mane & tail. I also am in farrier training so I trimmed his hooves with a professionals supervision. After the major things were done, I wormed him & the vet came by and checked his heart and all the other important things. She brought over supplements that would help him gain strength, weight & a glossy coat.

Everything that he was lacking pretty much, by the time the sun went down he was in the paddock grazing with Sweet Tooth. I just stood there & watched him, one thing on my mind was I finally have my own horse. He was a beautiful stallion, when he gains weight you'll see the real him. "Dear you need to head home it's late, he'll be fine I'll keep an eye on him." Fran spoke as she approached my side, "I think I'm just gonna stay the night if that's okay?"

She shook her head, "go home and get some rest," she muttered before walking away, I sighed & decided to walk home. I didn't live far, I took one more glance on Blueberry then smiled. Good night boy I mumbled before leaving the property, when I was about half way down the property you could still see the open field. I smiled and kept walking to only hear a loud whinny, it sounded faint though s I knew it was Blueberry.

I looked over to see him galloping this way, still in the field though I sighed then continued walking. He tried to get my attention but I must go home, he nickered softly then made like a loud angry noise. I sighed then turned around, "stop boy it's okay I'll be back tomorrow." I demanded before kissing his muzzle, I took one more look before walking home. 

When I owned the door to the house, my grandmother was still up sipping at coffee, I could smell fresh baked goods. "Hello grandma sorry for being so late," i apologized before taking my north jacket off. "It's alright dear how is Blueberry, how's his first couple of hours at Oak Riding Facilities?" My grandmother questioned, "he's doing okay, he didn't want me leaving though." I replied as i started heading upstairs, "well good night honey."

"Night grandma."

Well that was chapter three!!! Wow 2 chapters in one day...please let me know what you think!!!!
The next part won't be a chapter, but please READ it!!!!!

Love ya 💕