Ron and Neville are talking when Ron mentions one of Neville's socks is badly torn.

"oh dang it." Neville sits on the ground and takes his sock off. "grand mum will have my head... these were expensive." He looks at the torn sock in dismay. "maybe Hermione can fix them?" he suggests.

"really?" Draco scowls. "just get new socks."

"well unlike some families we can't really afford to buy new every single time." Neville frowns. "I'll ask Hermione after she gets better." He stands up and picks up the diary off the ground. He slides the sock into the book to keep it safe until he needs it later.

As the students are standing and talking Mr. Malfoy comes out of the head master's office looking extremely ticked off.

Harry frowns as he watches Mr. Malfoy and Dobby walking in the hall. He then glances at the diary. "Neville I wondered if... I might have that."

Neville nods and hands the book to Harry.

Harry takes it to Mr. Malfoy. "it's a bit damaged but you did have it first."

Mr. Malfoy raises an eyebrow and hands the book to Dobby. "Indeed... I suppose I should be grateful. Come along Dobby."

Dobby begins to follow but trips and drops the book. When he picks it back up he notices the sock and squeals with joy. "a sock!?"

"what?"

"Master has given Dobby a sock. Dobby is free." Dobby shrieks.

Mr. Malfoy glares around at the students until he notices Neville missing a sock. "you! you did this on purpose!" he pulls his wand towards Neville. "avad..."

"dad!" Draco hurries over to push him out of the school. "not at school... please..."

Mr. Malfoy looks at Draco and then scowls at Neville. "Whatever... I have more at home." He growls. he then turns in a huff and takes his leave.

Draco takes a step back eyes wide as he watches his dad leave. 'had he really been about to use the killing curse in the middle of the school!?'

"Draco." Harry's voice drags him back to reality. "it's late let's go grab a bite and get some sleep."

Draco nods and follows Harry down that hall. "right."

(Yes I am aware these events were supposed to happen closer to the end of the school year but I just feel like... if I monster was attacking a school they wouldn't wait the entire school year to decide it wasn't safe. I imagine these events took place in a few short months... it isn't even Christmas yet. Because I can't imagine students that went home for the holidays would want to come back to a place where they get killed or petrified!? I sure as hell wouldn't want to return there!?)

They arrive in the great hall in time for dinner and Dumbledore has somehow beaten them there. He announces that the cure for the petrified students is nearly complete and that the chamber has been safely sealed away once more. With the school once again safe they can continue the school year as planned.

The very next day at breakfast the petrified students are cured and they come back down from the hospital wing and go back to their friends.

Faith walks in through the large double door and walks over to Harry and Draco.

"faith." Draco smiles a little.

"don't speak to me." Faith retorts.

Draco frowns.

Faith looks at Harry. "I heard you found the chamber. Good for you." she then looks at Draco and scoffs then she walks to the far end of the table to sit with other people.