| Finally Falling | A MinecraftUniverse Short Story *Revised From Amnesia*

What started out as the story short Amnesia in a previous chapter of this story and as a journal entry for an assignment turned into a full fledged nine page short story for a class assignment. Yes I took Amnesia and changed the storyline to turn into a nine page story because I loved the idea too much to just stop were I left it so Amnesia has a new title and some new characters that have been introduced that were not in the previous version.

And for those of you who said that they would like to see a part two of Broken Magic, I am going to write a part two and it will be coming out in the future.

But I hope you enjoy this "short" story about Jason's case of amnesia because this story is a long one with over 3500 words, so enjoy.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

     When I open my eyes, something inside of me was telling me that I was finally safe, but I didn't feel safe. The scent of death lingered all around me creating this eerie and unsettling mood, but the night sky overhead made me feel relaxed. I close my eyes once a wave of exhaustion hits me that makes the unbearable smell fade away. This is accompanied by the occasional cold breeze that rips through the holes in my clothes which makes me shiver and shake in my boots. Yet before I could finally drift off into a much wanted slumber, a pair of voices are calling my name off into the distance. I take a deep breathe, not wanting to acknowledge the familiar voices but wanting to let my tired muscles and achy head rest for hours upon end without disturbance. Yet it was when they yelled my name that I realize that they found me and are running over to me in a panic that they can't hide in their voices. That's when I felt searing pain in my body and the dried blood covering most of me either from myself or others which might explain the awful smell around me. Pressure is suddenly applied to my tightened and compressed chest taking any means of breathing away from me. I groan.

     "O-Off!" I groaned in response and the pressure leaves in an instant. The voices start talking at once at me and I drown them out as I open my eyes meeting with the face of a dead corpse several feet away. A normal person might have freaked out in seeing the corpse, but something inside of me made me see that as a normal thing. Then an unfamiliar face covers my view of the corpse, yet their voice is familiar but putting a name to it or even a memory isn't something I can do. The person is like a stranger that I know but don't. They both help me sit up allowing me to check over myself. Blood is splattered all over me and where there are tears in my dark clothes there is blood staining the fabric and my skin. I let my eyes flicker up to look at the two people sitting in front of me, talking about other people who I guess I am supposed to know. I look at the scene around us seeing a war zone, dead bodies scattered everywhere I look only to have the girl put her hand on my cheek and turn my face to meet her golden brown eyes.

     "Jason, are you listening to us?" She asks me. I try to remember something about her only to have a massive jarring headache hit me instead. I growl and put my hands through my messy hair feeling a bump on the right side of my head. The girl sees my shock and feel the bump making her gasp. "P-Please tell me you know us Jason." I stare at the girl making note of her worried expression in her eyes and face. Then she is able to figure it out on her own without me having to say a word because she looks over at the guy and then back at me. "Amnesia." The guy looks at me seeming sort of confused.

     "How?" He asks. She takes his hand and runs it in my dark brown hair and over the bump, but once his fingers touch it I wither in pain. I rest my head on my knees covering my ears as they start to argue amongst themselves for no reason. 'Shut up...My head hurts.' I thought to myself. The sounds make my head hurt more and more and I squeeze my eyes shut just focusing on my breathing until the girl suddenly says something that catches my attention.