Blast! Double Blast! I was confusing myself and if I wanted to get my wages at the end of this month I had better get a move on. Hurrying up the stone hard stairs I was greeted with Mr.Stones's customary Good Morning and his smiling pudgy face. Grinning I walked to my office and guess what I was greeted with?

Yes you guessed it right.

A plink of the pneumatic tubes.

Normally it would have sent me into a cursing marathon but for some reason lately it brought a smile to the corners of my lips.

I wonder why that is.

My subconscious snickered! Damn!

Mr Linton

You are 38 seconds late the cost will be deducted from for your wages at the end of the month. Get me file 33BX733 .

Rikkard Ambrose

He didn't have to write his name. His writing smooth,hard,elegant.. I would recognise it in a heartbeat. Smirking I wandered to the store and getting hold of the file marched back to his office. Bending down I slid the file into his office and gave two soft knocks on his door.

'Good Morning Mr.Ambrose sir' I said in my sweetest voice which was identical to a piranha's cackle at bloody pirates!

Silence.

A truck full of silence.

'Its a lovely day isn't it Sir'

After a few moments....

'Get back to work Mr.Linton and fetch me file 3827Q' A cold voice commanded from inside the room.

Sighing I made my way to my office to retrieve the file. My lips were turned up in a pout. Blast him for being such a rigid and steadfast son of a bachelor!

He was not that cold and stiff when he held you in the cold nights in the desert was he Lilly? Blast all the way to hell!

Memories of that trip made heat crawl up my neck and spread to my ears until I was reminscent of a red bottomed baboon! Dispelling all these dangerous and unnerving thoughts I got back to work and soon enough the thoughts disappeared because my dear employer left no stones upturned to hound me like a jackal after a pack of hyenas!

***************************************

By the end of the day my mind was filled with thoughts of homicide and murder.

He had been cranky today.

Very cranky.

And guess what that meant?

Yes it meant double the file loads and double his insistence!

Mr.Linton

The file work is over for today.Report in my office for going over all the previous business expenditures and compiling them.

Rikkard Ambrose

Cursing I stretched out my toes where I am sure I would have big bloody blisters as soon as I stepped home! Forcing my legs I walked up to his room and opened the door. Stepping inside I was once again reminded of his immense power and authority. His office was fairly empty just a few shelves made of simple hard wood and important files scattered around but he himself seemed to ooze power like a 200 watt power circuit!

There was a box of files lying on his desk and his head -dark and strong was slightly visible over the files.'You are here Mr.Linton' He said without looking up.

'Take this box of files and arrange them alphabetically then we will go over them in the end.'

Peeking inside the box of files my breath caught. It was the report of the Egypt excursion.