Reminiscing

8:00 a.m

My alarm's noise blared through my small room. Once. Twice.

8:05

Blast!

Disoriented I tumbled out of my small bed sneaking a glance at the sleeping form of my sister.I glanced around looking for my slippers and slipped into them hurriedly.My back was aching and the soles of my felt as if I had been walking on hot coals the entire day!

Blast! Double blast!

Oh why the dickens had I spent the night watching a corny romantic rendezous with a silly piano tuner's brat and my sweet little sister! Well she hadn't been exactly sweet last night but oh well! No reason to intrude on them and waste a good night's sleep Lilly!

Mumbling some rather scandalous arabian expletives I rushed out into the shed where I hurriedly put on my male attire. The tailcoat was still rather too big and the trousers too baggy but my shining peacock vest took the limelight! Satisfied I looked down at myself and beamed.

'Mr.Linton all ready for work' I proudly proclaimed to the bright morning and the stray dogs. Snatching my watch I closed the shed door behind me and stepped out into the street.

You are a fast little munchkin aren't you Lilly?

Glancing down at my watch I noted the time. Hmm....well lets see what my dear employer has to say on this matter! Thinking of his stone cold form unleashed a torrent of shivers down my spine.

Blast! This was getting bloody ridiculous! Control your girly feelings Lilly!

Banishing all these irrational thoughts I stomped down the sidewalk and made my way to Empire House.

***************************************

Empire House loomed above me. A humongous structure made of granite and stone and a lot of other stuff which I'm not aware of since I'm not a labourer! Whatever it was it looked frightening, cold and nearly as intimidating as its master.

Keyword being nearly.

Taking a deep breath I stepped forward and narrowed my eyes at the stone monster.Raising a finger I proclaimed-

"I'm Lillian Linton and you don't scare me giant stone monster!'

Stomping for an extra effect I marched forward with a wide grin gracing my face. Stepping into the wide hallway with the employees running around like roosters I felt a myriad of emotions hit me.

I was scared.

True.

I was a human after all but what took my breath away was the feeling of immense excitement...and anticipation. The feeling which made my body thrum and dance and twirl around and-

throw yourself in his arms?

NO!

Well life as his secretary had been pretty exciting! No reason not to look forward to the adventures and the thrills of working for the richest business mogul in all of Britain!

Are you sure its the work Lilly?

Or is it his dark blue eyes drawing you on making you forget all about your feminist ideals and the big bad world?

Isn't it a shiver of anticipation of his hands holding you captive , of the hot immensly blissful sensations in the pit of your belly in Egy-

No! Shaking my head hard I forced myself to stop thinking. Egypt had been ages ago and none of it meant anything to me!

But you reminsce about Egypt a lot don't you?