***

A small smile fluttered across my lips the second I heard the door close. I let out a sigh of relief and reached under my pillow to grab the toothpaste out. Easy trick for red eyes if you knew it.
Truth was I'd been waiting a while for a good day to pull the sick card. It felt like it had been such a long time since I got a sleep in, and even longer since I'd spent a day relaxing. When I heard about this stupid tour meeting I knew how much of a perfect time it was. Those meetings always went on for agonising hours, I couldn't stand them.
I kicked all the blankets off of me with a huff. It had been bloody hot under there.
After putting the toothpaste back into the bathroom I went out into the main part of the bus, humming the odd syllable of whatever song was lodged into my mind.

In the very least I was shocked when I noticed Liam asleep on the couch. I quickly turned my humming into groaning and let my figure slump in case he was awake. I couldn't think up one reason that made sense as to why he was still here, management wouldn't have let him stay to look after me, would they? And if they had, why hadn't he been in to see me?
I realised that if I wanted answers the easiest way to get them was to simply ask.
I held my stomach and shook his shoulder soundlessly until his eyes fluttered open. Quickly they widened and a shock shout flew from his mouth as he yanked away from me.
He scanned over me and his hand hesitantly went to his stomach just like mine was.
"What are you doing here?" I asked, making sure to put on my most miserable and pathetic sounding voice ever.
"'M sick, why are you still here?" He replied in a similar, drowsy tone. I kept my surprise hidden off my face. It had to be the day I faked sick that Liam actually was sick. It was going to make it ten times harder to make the act look realistic when the others had something to compare it to. And then there was the guilt as I was feeling great about my day off while Liam was feeling dreadful by the looks of his kicked puppy expression.

"Harry didn't tell me you were here too" I shook my head a little and trudged over to the fridge to grab the drink bottle Harry had let me sip out of earlier. I was beginning to get hungry, and because Liam was here I couldn't pig out like a was planning to. I was going to be starving all day unless he fell asleep.

"I didn't know either" Liam said as he sat up, wincing and gulping.

I noticed how intently he was watching me then. I focused on the water bottle but out of the corner of my eye I could see him staring calculatively.
Apparently I was even going to have to be careful about proving myself in front of him as well. I should've known he'd be watching, worried even though he was sick.
He'd caught me faking before too, which meant that I had to make sure he didn't figure it out again.

I put the bottle in the fridge and tested a whimper, bringing my hand up to my lips. It sounded pretty realistic and I was pretty proud of myself.
I scampered off to the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind me.
I flushed the toilet ten minutes later and carefully applied a little more toothpaste to my eyelids.
"Are you okay Lou?" Liam's voice came through the door.
I hummed a bit and opened the door. He was leaning pretty heavily against the wall right behind the door.
"Going to bed." I shuffled past him and into the skinny hallway.
Liam said nothing but like before I could feel him watching me so I was extra slow to climb into my bunk.
My stomach rumbled hungrily as I got comfortable, figuring I'd just nap while waited for Harry and Niall to get back. I couldn't do anything with Liam around without causing suspicion.
I fell asleep after just a few minutes due to the almost awkward silence.

***
I couldn't believe how ironic it was that Louis was sick on the same day I'd decided to fake my way out of the tour conference. I wasn't big on the whole lying thing but this conferences were literal hell so I'd taken my shot at appearing too ill to go. It'd worked, but Louis was actually sick somehow.
I sighed heavily and wondered how on earth I was going to entertain myself now without waking him. If he found out I was faking he'd have a field day, I was always telling him off for lying about stuff like this.