Fae

During the Second Age of Kodatia, the Fae and the Fairies were the same people, sharing the same language, culture, and traditions. They even had shared the same religion, at the time for the Fae, Evelynne of the Wood, she who creates and protects everything in the forest, even the Fae and the Fairies.

The Fae were originally fairies, having wings like their brethren. The only difference physically was that unlike the Fairies, these people decided to stay in their larger forms, finding it more comfortable, as well as more often than not, possessing deep green or amber eyes. They believed in taking care of everything in the forest, even if that meant something else needed to die in order for peace to be gained.

Whenever the Fae and the Fairies had a problem concerning the wellbeing of Kodatia or their people, it would be the Fae who were sent to speak for the two races as a whole. The Fairies claimed that politics was too complicated for them, thus they did not wish to be involved with it. This caused the Fae to encounter the other races of Kodatia - the humans, the Barghests, and the Dranguis.

This meeting of the other races had caused the Fae's faith in Evelynne to waver from time to time. If Evelynne created only what was in the forest, then who had created everything outside of it? Did these other beings in Kodatia not have a goddess who loved and protected them?

The Fairies theorized that these other beings were heathens, thus not having a religion and worshipping themselves and those each race believed was worthy enough to be deified long after they had died. They claimed that these other beings of Kodatia were not truly created. Rather, they believed these other races were nothing more than cursed Fairies and Fae who had been banished by Evelynne long ago after they had tried to strip her of her power and divide it amongst themselves.

The Fae, however, did not believe that this was a logical reason for there being people much different from themselves. The one race they felt did not fit into the Fairies logic were the humans, the strange beings who did not hold any abilities or have slightly pointed ears like everyone else. The Fae began to become more and more curious about these strange beings that were slowly becoming more evident in Kodatia. As the years went by, the humans had soon built a village not too far from the forest.

The Fairies despised the idea of the humans being so close to the forest, for the humans used the resources from the forest to make their settlements. Thus, the Fairies would try to harm the humans, making paths that would make, in their mind the stupid humans, lose their way and get lost in the forest. And this was the mildest of their tricks on the humans. There were even times where their tricks would kill the humans who entered the forest.

The Fae on the other hand watched these humans closely, curious as to how these people lived their lives on a daily basis. Soon, the Fae became enthralled by this way of life and had decided that perhaps, it was safe for the humans to take the resources they needed. It wasn't as if the forest wasn't going to grow back after all. When some of the humans began to not return from their adventures into the forest, the Fae wondered what it was that was happening. They of soon learned of the Fairies' cruel tricks, the Fae had decided to dispose of them whenever possible, trying their best to keep the Fairies from ever finding out, as well as the humans. One day, the Fairies saw that the Fae were doing this, and inquired as to why when it was all to protect the forest. The Fae argued that it wasn't right to just kill the humans when they were simply trying to live and provide for their families. The Fairies became enraged by this and had asked the Fae if they had forgotten their purpose of being protectors of the forest. The Fae had replied that perhaps it wasn't wrong for the humans to take what they needed, for had not the Fae and Fairies done that themselves for ages?