"I told you we don't have any Febreze Liam!" I walk into the room and see a woman standing in front of my Father's bathroom door. I sigh when I hear her voice, not surprised in the least that she's in here with us. I walk up behind her and tap on her shoulder. 

Abby jumps a little bit but turns around anyways. When she turns around I almost burst out laughing because she's wearing a surgical mask over her nose and mouth. Her eyes noticeably widen as soon as she sees me. 

"Scott?" She asks glancing back at the bathroom door. "What're you doing here?"

"Well it is my Dad's college," I grunt with a tone of annoyance. "I think I'm fully entitled to visit here whenever I want to."

"You know what I mean," she says narrowing her eyes at me in confusion. 

"Is that Scott I hear!?" We both turn toward the bathroom door as we hear my best friend's voice flow out of it. "Scotty my boy! Your belongings await right next to my throne. I would come and give them to you but I don't want my ass fluids splashing on your stuff when I stand up."

"Your belongings?" Abby asks as I rub my forehead. I'd really rather not have to walk into that bathroom with Liam right now. 

"I have to get some stuff from Liam," I say not looking her in the eye. "For my apartment."

"What ever happened to us getting an apartment together?"She asks quietly and I quickly grow irritated with her. 

"You know damn well what happened."

"Scott we broke up over something so minor," Abby says raising her eyebrow at me. "We need to talk about this. You're telling me that after everything we've been through together, you don't even want to talk?"

"It wasn't just something minor," I look up at the ceiling with my hands placed on my waist. "It was several continuous minor things that you never changed. You never even tried."

"And I get that now," she says keeping her eyes locked in one me, but I still can't meet her eyes. "I'm trying to change. I completely understand it now, there are two sides to a relationship and I wasn't contributing mine at all. And that's why I need you to help me."

"Abby-"

"You have to understand," Abby says sadly. "The only other relationship that I've been in besides this one was with Parker. We dated for a while but...it was never a proper relationship. Even the relationship I had with you wasn't a proper relationship because I'm still learning about all of this."

"I'm no teacher Abby," I shrug as I finally meet her eyes. "I don't know what exactly you expect from me."

"I don't expect anything from you," she says biting the inside of her cheek. "I just want you to know that I'm trying to learn, okay? I want to make it up to you."

"SCOTT!" We both jump as Liam's voice echos from the bathroom and I groan at him. 

"I'll let you go get your stuff from him," she says walking toward the door to the office. "Tell him that I'm not going to buy him any Febreze. And can we...can we talk? Soon?"

It takes me a moment but I nod and she sighs before walking out of the room. I watch her as she leaves and can't help but think over everything that we just talked about. I smile a little bit when I realize what she was trying to tell me. 

She's learning.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Spring break has come and gone and I'm back again. Sad really. This week is standardized testing though so I have to take the PSAT on Wednesday which I am completely dreading. Also I just thought that'd I'd tell you guys that I don't have a schedule for when I upload, people ask me all the time if I do and just know that I don't. I try to upload at least once every five days. So I might update three days from now, I might update four days from now, but I TRY to stay within a five day limit. And if it takes longer than five days, that just means that it was either a hard chapter for me to write or I had a hectic schedule that week. Thanks a ton for reading and I hope you all enjoyed!! Love you all!!

What'd you guys think of Carter?

Ever been in Liam's situation before?

What'd you think about the Scott and Abby encounter?

Thoughts on Abby?

Thoughts on Scott?

Instagram: lilchocolatedonut

Snapcaht: momo36235

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan