chapter 10

Brendon shakes me awake and i rub my eyes trying to rub the sleepiness away." Come on baby girl i have something to show you." He smiles and kisses my forehead." What is it daddy?" I ask yawning." It's a surprise." He smirks letting me out of the car." What bout Giggles?" I ask petting her soft fur." I'll roll the window down a bit for her." I nod and wait for him. I look at our location, the house we were at. My heart pounded, i try convincing myself this isn't where i think.

" Come on baby." He leads me to the house and he stands behind me, holding my sides." Go ahead knock." He smiles. I knock a couple times and wait." One second!" A familiar voice yells from behind the door. i look at Brendon he doesn't look down at me. I see my mother open the door, my tears fill with tears." Mom?" I ask." Marry?" I hug her and tears escape my eyes." Marry what are you doing here? Have you finally come home?" She asked, what am i supposed to say? I look at Brendon, he watches with amusement and speaks up." No, she won't be coming back so this is goodbye." She nods." You're the man who took her, you sick son of a bitch." She never swears, not like that." Mom, it's okay i love him, he makes me happy."

"You're brainwashed you don't know what happy is Marry, he doesn't love you." I see Brendon's expression change, now he's angry." Mom i love you, i am happy i'm old enough to know what makes me happy."  She grabs my arm." I'm calling the police." I stand in front of her." Stop, you aren't doing anything."  She was different, she seemed like she could see, i scold myself knowing that was impossible. I look at how hard the grip is on my arm." Marry chose it's me or him." She sighs. I look at them both, how could i choose? My mother blind, alone, old, but seems... fine? Or Brendon the love of my life, the on who freed me, and without me god knows what he'd do.

The decision i made is obvious, mother or Brendon who would you choose?" Mom." Brendon walks up to me interrupting me. Before he says anything i grab his hand." I love you mom, but this is my life i love Brendon i will always miss and think of you but i have to leave the nest." I hug her and feel her shudder under my touch." Get out then." She says and we do just that. We leave." That was a shitty thing to do Brendon!" I yell as we get outside. He grabs my waist and shoves me against the wall. I hit my head and wince." I had to make sure you wouldn't leave me little girl, i'm sorry you're hurt now but i had to make sure." He whispers. I nod and he releases me, i rub the back of my head." Did i hurt you?" He asks looking at my head." A little." He frowns. He kisses my head." Come on, i'll get you some Ibuprofen." He smiles and i smile back. I wasn't mad at Brendon, not even a little bit, i was...glad.