“Is he… dating her?” Eros asked, surprised. “I knew they went on a date before this summer, but I never thought he would actually go through with it.”

Simon had been dared by Dylan to ask Amy Manners out on a stupid game of Truth or Dare, which had resulted in Simon going out with her only a week after I had broken up with him. Even though I had been the one doing the dumping, it had still hurt.

“She’s not officially his girlfriend, but let’s just say I have been shutting off the bond quite often the past couple of weeks,” I told Eros. Simon and Amy had been kissing a lot, which truly creeped me out. The jealousy had gotten less and less over time, but it was still uncomfortable to feel him get all excited with another girl. Thank God Simon was the king of taking-it-slow-town, so I did not have to worry about those two getting hot and heavy… yet.

“How do you feel about that?” Eros asked me.

I could tell much depended on my answer, so I choose my words carefully. “It is definitely not my favorite thing in the world to experience his feelings when he is with her. But every day, I think the chances of me coming up to kiss you are getting a little better.”

A grin lit up his entire face. “You’re getting over him?”

“Yes,” I replied simply. “Now, is there anything else you would like to discuss? My mom can come barging in here any second.”

Eros stepped forward and hugged me close. “I’m going to miss you this last week,” he whispered.

“Me too,” I replied, tears welling up in my eyes. “I was really nice seeing you.”

He stepped back and held up the letter. “I will read this when I get back home. Or well, when we’re back at Dylan’s place.”

“Call me when you do, okay?” I pressed. “I wanna be there for you.”

“Sure,” He bent down and tenderly kissed my forehead. “I love you.”

“Drive safely,” I replied dully.

That night after the guys were gone, my mother and I watched Frozen. I sang along with the Disney songs, but only half-heartedly. I let all the things that had happened that day run through my mind, turning over everything that had been said and done. I was scared of how Eros would react to the letter, but I mostly could not get his kisses out of my mind.

Johnny Depp once said: “If you love two people, pick the second, because if you truly loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.” Every second I spent with Eros convinced me that dear Johnny was right. I had loved Simon and he had been my first real boyfriend, the first guy that ever saw me naked, a true soul mate. But I had been attracted to Eros during our relationship and that had only gotten stronger the longer Simon and I had been together. If I had loved Simon enough to build a life with him, I would never have fallen for Eros. Because that was the truth: I was undeniably in love with Eros, maybe even more than I had ever been with Simon.

He was not the most stable person ever to walk to earth – quite the opposite. He smoked, he drank, he did dangerous and stupid stuff. Simon had always balanced me out, giving me a safe and calm harbor to come back to every day. With Eros I was not sure what kind of relationship we would have. There was a big change we would make each other do even more irrational things than we normally did on our own. But at the same time, he was sweet and caring. The red flames in his aura made me feel warm and safe and in his arms, I felt more at home than anywhere else.

If I could look at Amy and Simon without wanting to pull her hair out of her stupid smiling face, I would know for sure. Just one week and I would know if I could be with Eros or not. I recalled the way his face had brightened when I had said I was getting over Simon, his aura dancing happily around him.