3 - That's a Good Book

I hum along to the music playing throughout the bookstore. I'm currently looking for a new book since I just finished what I bought last week. I walk down all the isles, looking for something that captures my attention. I glance at a book named Alexander Hamilton and stop. I haven't read it yet and it looks like it could keep me busy. I take it off the shelf and read the first page.

"That's a good book."

I jump and turn around.

"Sorry to startle you! You seemed to be looking for a book!"

I look at the man who just scared the shit out of me and smile.

"I'll just leave if you don't want to talk Miss."

He goes to step away but I grab his wrist.

"I'll talk I'm sorry! You just scared me and I didn't know how to act."

The man laughs and holds out his hand.

"Lin Manuel Miranda. But everyone calls me Lin."

I shake his hand and smile.

"(Y/N)."

He gives me a big smile and takes the book from my hands.

"Why don't I pay for this and take you out for a coffee?"

I shake my head.

"If you're going to pay for my book and coffee, what can I do for you? I have to pay you back some how!"

He laughs and pulls his phone out.

"Add you number to my phone and come to my play."

I take his phone and enter my number. He smiles and happily takes his phone back.

"Now, Lin, why don't we go get that coffee and you can tell me about that play."

***

"That's why you have the bun?"

He nods and sips his coffee.

"Yep! Had to grow my hair out for the role."

I smile and look at the bag with my book.

"How good is the book Lin?"

I see the excitement I his eyes when I mention it. I smile and watch as he grabs the book out of the bag.

"You know the play I was talking about?"

I nod.

"Yeah. Hamilton. The one that you're going to take me to see."

I opens the book and skims through the first couple of pages.

"Well, let me tell you something. I wrote the play. I read this book and came up with the play Hamilton."

I stare at Lin then the book. He fucking wrote the play? I mean, wow. I have friends who love Hamilton but I've been keeping myself working I really haven't had the time to listen to the track or attend a show.

"Earth to (Y/N)?"

Lin shakes me out of my thoughts. I smile and take a sip of my coffee.

"Did you hear what I asked you (Y/N)?"

I shake my head.

"I was in my own thoughts."

He laughs and slides the book across the table.

"After the show, do you want to go and get some dinner?"

Lin messes with his cup lid.

"Like a date?"

"Well it doesn't have to be a date. Only if you want it to be. I'm not for-"

I throw a small packet of sugar at Lin to get his attention. He laughs and rubs the back of his neck.

"Of course Lin. I would love to go with you."

He smiles and throws the packet of sugar back at me. I roll my eyes and toss it on the table. Lin's eyes move over to the book sitting on the table next to me and smiles.

"Whatcha thinking about hotshot?"

He chuckles to himself and smiles.

"It's just crazy that I met you over the book I wrote a fucking play on."

***

I finished another fucking chapter haHA. I got the Guns and Ships rap down and I swear the first time I did it right I about died I was so proud of myself. ME AND MY FRIEND GOT IN TROUBLE FOR LOOKING AT HAMILTON MEMES DURING CLASS
- Bryleigh