1 - Take a Break

"Lin?"

I crack open his apartment door and look around. Lin's been ignoring my calls every since he's gotten deep into working on a play he's making called Hamilton. He's determined to get it done.

"Lin!"

I hear a laptop close and footsteps coming from the hallway. I quietly close the door and see Lin pop his head out from the hallway.

"(Y/N)! Mi amor!"

I laugh as he snakes his arm around my waist and kisses my forehead.

"How far are you in the play?"

He leaves my side and walks into his kitchen, getting a cup of coffee.

"Well, I'm to the point where Burr and Alexander are in a dual. I just can't put everything together."

I sigh and wrap my arms around Lin. He places his cup down and embraces me.

"Have you been taking breaks?"

I let Lin go, looking him in the face.

"Um, well look-"

"Lin! You promised me to take breaks. I was worried sick when you didn't start answering my calls."

He takes my hands in his and kisses my forehead. I frown as I look down at his tense fingers. He's been working non-stop.

"My love, listen. I've been pushing myself to get this done. Yes, I did promise you I'd take breaks but I had a creative flow! I couldn't just stop."

I sigh and massage his hands. He groans and leans his head back.

"Feel good?"

He nods and smiles.

"Amazing cariño. Just perfect."

I drag Lin to the couch and tell him to sit while I do something.

"Hurry!"

I laugh to myself and walk into his bathroom, opening the bottom cabinets. When he moved in here, I hid some massage oil knowing that Lin was going to need it some day. I grab the small bottle and head back into the living room.

"Whatcha have there mi amor?"

I show him the bottle and he laughs.

"Did you hide that when you helped me move in?"

I nod.

"Now, take your shirt off. I'm going to give you a massage."

He looks at me and raises his eyebrow.

"Look, don't give me that. Just do what I said."

He laughs and slips his shirt off. I sit behind him on my knees on the couch and apply the oil to my hands. 

"Smells like lavender."

I nod and start massaging his shoulders. Lin groans and laughs.

"I so needed this."

I smile and keep working my hands.

"The lavender is supposed to calm you. So I don't expect to see you stressed out about your play."

Lin saves his progress and shuts down the computer.

"What would I do without you (Y/N)?"

I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Not taking breaks that's for sure."

***

Yes, this was BEFORE Hamilton was popular but I thought that would be cute. I hope you enjoy this! I know I'm most of the stories I read he's not taking breaks.
- Bryleigh