Chapter 3

----Art by Ardibahart on Deviant Art----

"Hi Maeve. Were you sleep?" Josh asked.

"Oh no. I'm wide awake." Maeve chuckled nervously. It was quiet for a minute until he spoke up.

"So you wanted to hear about the concert?" Josh asked again.

"Yeah! What was the setlist?" Maeve settled back into her couch.

"Well there was an intro jam that led into Can't Stop," Maeve cut in.

"Oh I love that song! I never know the lyrics without singin' along to the song though." Maeve laughed. Josh did too and continued to talk.

"Can't Stop led into Dani California and Snow.", Josh paused trying to remember the set.

"Snow sounds so difficult to play." Maeve commented.

"It is at first...well I assume it is." Josh replied correcting himself. If Maeve didn't know who he was he wanted to keep it that way for now.

"Ya know, I've always wanted to learn guitar." Maeve confessed.

"Really? What stopped you?"

"Time and money," she laughed "I know the basics of the keyboard and reading sheet music, but that's where it stops."

"It's never too late to start." Josh encouraged.

"Nah. Just a teenage dream." Maeve said.

"As long as you're passionate about the music you can do it. " Josh replied. Maeve kept those thoughts in mind. She hadn't known him for long, but she could tell he was extremely kind.

"Thanks Jay. I'll think about it." Josh smiled at the way she said his name.

"Great, well, I hate to cut this short but..." Josh was worn out and could feel himself falling asleep. Maeve caught on to what he was trying to say.

"No worries! It's late and I'm sure you're exhausted." She said.

"We could meet up sometime...If you want.." this was a bold move for Josh. It usually takes him a while to ask someone out.

"I'd be happy to, but I thought you weren't going to be in town long?" Maeve asked.

"I..I have an extra day. Any place you'd like to go?" Josh quickly changed the subject.

"There's a pretty awesome art gallery here!"

"That sounds great." Josh said.

"Great I'll let you get to bed. We'll set a time in the morning." This was really happening. Maeve was going on a date.

"Alright, goodnight Maeve. "

"Night Jay."

~

It was around  10am when Josh woke up. He rolled over a bit to stare out his window and figure out when to book his flight back to LA. Then he remembered Maeve.

Josh sat up and grabbed his phone. He opened it, clicked to Maeve's contact, and almost pressed call. "Maybe I should wait she might be asleep." Josh thought to himself. He bit his lip thinking for a minute. Even though his mind was protesting, Josh pressed call.

The phone rang for a long time. It took so long Josh thought Maeve wasn't going to answer. Josh was about to hang up when she finally answered. There was some rustling before she spoke.