In the Name of the Brother

Start from the beginning

"Because Gold convinced me not to. You were heartbroken when you couldn't find Killian here in Storybrooke and so for me to tell you that he was still alive but trapped in the Enchanted Forest – it would have hurt. But he's here now, and I didn't want to keep this from you."

"Where is he, I want to see him."

"We have him in a private room, keeping him away from Gold,"

"Take me too him," Adelaide demanded, Emma took Adelaide up to Killian's room. Adelaide went to open the door, but Emma stopped her.

"He's sedated, he won't wake up for another hour or so,"

"Good, it'll give me time to get used to him being back,"

She then pulled away from Emma and entered the room. There Killian lay, exactly as she remembered. She hadn't seen him for more than two hundred years and yet here he was, still the same. She placed her hand on his cheek, crying almost at the sight of him. He was cuffed to the bed; Emma had explained to her the situation he'd been in. He'd tried to kill Gold and Belle. All to avenge her like he'd sworn to do all those years ago. She pulled a chair up besides Killian's bed, wanting to be the first thing he saw when he awoke. But on the other hand, she fell asleep long before he could. When he woke he could feel something, or someone, on his lap. He looked down to see the type of raven hair that Adelaide had. Her face was pointed at him but she was fast asleep, she might have been even more beautiful now than when he'd last seen her.

"She's real, by the way. Not an hallucination." Emma said coming into the room as Killian's sedation wore off, "Where's Cora?"

"What?"

"Cora, where is she?" Killian wasn't listening to Emma, as he tried to pull his hand up to touch Adelaide's hair almost needing to touch her to make sure she was real only to find that she couldn't even move his hand.

"Again, you're really into this aren't you. Let me out,"

"What so you can just run,"

"I want to run my fingers through her hair." Killian said looking at Emma knowing she would believe him. "I need to know that she's really there and that she's not going to disappear when I close my eyes."

"She's not,"

"How about this, you unlock me for a minute and I'll tell you what you want to know."

"Deal," Emma said, realising his cuffed arm as he placed his hand to Adelaide's hair. It still felt the same after two centuries. He missed it, he still didn't believe that she truly was there. "you've cracked a few ribs, where's Cora,"

"I must say. All the 'where's Cora' in a commanding voice gives me chills."

"You have all sorts of sore places that I can make you hurt, and I can get her out of here,"

"You can't take a hallucination," Hook said proudly, so Emma pushed her hand into his ribs causing him quite some pain. "Fine... I have no idea where Cora is, she has her own agenda. Let's talk about something I am interested in – my hook. May I have it back? Or is there another attachment you'd prefer?"

"You're awfully chipper for a guy who just failed to kill his enemy and then got hit by a car."

"Well my ribs may be broken but... my heart is still intact. Which is more than can be said for other bad days, plus I did some quality damage to my foe,"

"You hurt Belle,"

"I hurt his heart, Belle's just where he keeps it." Hook explained, his hand still running through Adelaide's hair – he was surprised she was still asleep. Though of course hallucinations would do whatever they wanted to, "He killed my wife, I know the feeling."