"Why don't you convince your daughter on your own rather than asking me to fire her?" Uncle Bernard asked leaning on table to reach the cup. 

Mr Murthy smiled awkwardly. He had all the power in this world to turn things upside down but had whatsoever no rein over his daughter. 

"I guess it was a waste of time then," Mr Murthy spoke as he readied to get up. 

Door of office flung open as two young men entered the room not realizing how they had ended up in room itself in quest of pushing each other. 

"I don't want to.." Harshad continued speaking and Manik realized how they were inside of room already. He looked at Uncle Bernard and smiled awkwardly. He could see another man sitting there but his back was turned on him. 

"We are sorry. We didn't mean to barge in like that," Manik apologized and that man sitting on other chair turned around. Uncle Bernard smiled sweetly not minding their little interruption. 

"What are you doing here?" Asked the other man and Manik finally spotted Mr Murthy there. Manik couldn't believe his eyes as he tried to come at term with the fact that Mr Murthy was there. 

"What is he doing here?" Mr Murthy asked Uncle Bernard frantically. 

"I knew it you were meeting her," Mr Murthy was mad now as he deduced that this dog shelter was their meeting point. 

Manik didn't find himself feeling bad about that deduction of Mr Murthy. He just stood there watching Mr Murthy walking towards him. 

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from Nandini?" Mr Murthy asked as he stood a step away from Manik. 

" You did," Manik said nodding, "And I was fool enough to even agree on that." Harshad's giggle touched their ear and Manik turned around to glare him. 

Mr Murthy took one more step towards Manik and tried to intimidate him. 

Manik lowered his eyes not trying to go disrespectful on that man. Nothing could change the fact that he was Nandini's father. 

"This is what you do here?" Infuriated Mr Murthy asked Uncle Bernard. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Uncle Bernard answered coolly. 

Mr Murthy looked at Manik again and leaned in to say something in his ear. 

"You are shameless or what. Nobody in my house likes you anymore," Mr Murthy spoke bitterly. 

"Your daughter does," Harshad replied instead of Manik and Mr Murthy glared him. He pressed his lips trying not mock that angry father. Manik looked up and saw Mr Murthy glaring Harshad. 

"You were talking for yourself then, you are talking for yourself now," Manik spoke softly. 

"I cannot do anything if you hate me so much, Sir," He added and Mr Murthy glunched. 

"I have realized one thing. Thanks to you," He added and Mr Murthy kept scowling at him. 

"That I can never stay away from her," Manik added as mildly as he could. Mr Murthy kept looking into eyes of that young man who had no intention to offend him but all the might to drive him to the corner. He hated Manik more at that moment. 

"You would and I will make sure that you do," Mr Murthy spoke out of vengeance and stormed out of room. Swinging door kept making noise as Manik gathered all his breaths. He had exerted more than his capacity in term of guts. Father of his girl was one cunning man. 

"I am so proud of you," Harshad squeezed Manik as he expressed his joy. 

"Leave me," Manik nagged. Uncle Bernard looked at two fools who had forgotten that they were in his office.