The Handmaid's Tale Contest Official Rules

Start from the beginning

8. Each participating, each entrant hereby represents and warrants that any Entry and other materials and information provided by such entrant are original to entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations contained in these Official Rules. If the Entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the Entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the Entry and information and materials by Sponsor and Prize Provider in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation.

Each entrant represents and warrants that the Entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant or any other third party to be confidential, and that the Entry, materials, and information provided do not violate any laws or regulations. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all Entries. In the event a submission is selected as a winning Entry, and entrant's ownership, rights and the originality of the Entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.

By participating, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor may be working on or receive other Entries (or Sponsor's employees or third party independent contractors may create materials on their own) that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by entrant. By submitting an Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or Prize Provider or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than entrant. Sponsor shall not have any liability to entrant for any direct, indirect, contributory, vicarious, secondary or other infringement or protection of any copyright in or to entrant's Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties.

9. GENERAL RULES: In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, that Entry will be deemed made by the authorized holder of the primary email address associated with the Entry at the time of the Entry submission and such entrant must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor, Prize Provider and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or for errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest, mobile application, or website (including the Website); violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages (including attorneys' fees) and other remedies from any such person and entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems. Released Parties will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or the exploitation by a Released Party of any Entry. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest.

9. RELEASE/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIM ARISING FROM USE OF THE ENTRY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR FALSE ENDORSEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, ILLEGIBLE, INCOMPLETE, DELAYED, INACCURATE, GARBLED, STOLEN OR MUTILATED ENTRIES, OR FOR ANY COMPUTER, ONLINE, TELEPHONE OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS, DELAYS OR HUMAN ERRORS THAT OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING, TRANSMISSION OR RECEIPT OF ENTRIES, OR FOR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, OR FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, LOST OR DELAYED BY COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS, OR IF FOR ANY REASON, THE CONTEST IS NOT CAPABLE OF BEING CONDUCTED AS PLANNED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUSES, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR OTHER CAUSES. RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE ENTRY INFORMATION WHETHER CAUSED BY INTERNET USERS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING OF THE ENTRIES IN THE CONTEST.

10. Disputes: This Contest and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of New York, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the City of New York, New York. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.

11. USE OF DATA: Information submitted in connection with this Contest is governed by Sponsor's Privacy Policy (available at ) and by participating in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that he or she has read and accepted the Privacy Policy and agrees to Sponsor's and Prize Provider's usage of his or her personal information. Sponsor prohibits entry by, and does not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under thirteen (13) years of age.

12. WINNER'S LIST: You may request the names of the winners (available after 1 September, 2017), by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address below for receipt by no later than 1 January, 2018.

13. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Wattpad Corp., 31 Adelaide St. East, PO Box 565, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 2J6.

Hulu, LLC is not a sponsor of the Contest and is not associated with the administration of the Contest in any way other than its capacity as Prize Provider.