Ch. 4- Easter with the Beans

The special Sunday came when all families had a feast and celebrated. It was Easter in the Bean household! Lucinda dressed in her nicest dressed with a beautiful bonnet but Rosey just put on whatever was in her closet.

"Not very ladylike," teased Stella.

"Don't be like mom!" Rosey whined. The girls laughed.

The girls sat at a table peeking into their Easter baskets waiting to unwrap the goodies that lie within. Andrew and Frances came over and teased them.

"You stop getting chocolate bunnies when you turn thirteen!"

"Yeah, you guys are lucky!"

"Shut up, boys." Lucinda sassed.

"Nobody asked for your opinion, Lou!" Frances snapped. Andrew stood back in silence. Lucinda just stood with a blank expression on her face.

"Sorry," said Frances shyly.

"No need," Lucinda said pushing back her hair. "The apology is all mine."

Aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins came from around Texas to celebrate with their family. The Bean siblings played with their cousins in the backyard, except Frances who stayed under a tree feeling guilty.

They went to church, and even while singing songs, Frances still felt ashamed for snapping at his little sister.

"Y'know I'm still really sorry, Lou." Frances told her when they got back to the house.

"Its fine, seriously." She said, actually feeling sincere for once.

Frances finally joined in playing and then in was dinner time. They all held hands around the table.

"Who would like to say grace?" Grandpa Andrew asked.

"Can I?" Frances asked, finally feeling happy that day.

"Of course, boy," replied Uncle Michael.

After Frances prayed, they dug into their meals. The ham was the Bean kids' favorite part except Andrew, who was knee-deep into biscuits.

"Easter wouldn't be the same without y'all," Andrew said, stuffed.

"Yeah, I love you guys!" said innocent Rosey.

"Sometimes..." said Lucinda. They all laughed. Easter definitely isn't the same without the Bean kids.