Chapter 1 The New Girl

Genji's POV

"GENJI WAKE UP IT'S TIME FOR TRAINING!" yelled Hanzo my annoying older brother. I groaned as I got up from bed and looked around my room. It was spacious but simple. It had two swords hung on the wall near my closet and it had a small coffee table in the middle of the room. My bed was at the side of the room which was next to my balcony which would let me see all of Hanamura, my beloved hometown.

"GENJI GET YOUR ASS TO THE TRAINING ROOM NOW!" my brother yelled once again.

"I'M COMING OKAY." I yelled back as I jumped from my bed and quickly changed into my attire before sprinting down the hallways to the training room while accidentally knocking into some of the the maids which were walking through. I kept running through while apologising until I made my way into the training room.

"Your late." father said as Hanzo shook his head in disappointment.

"Sorry father, but I woke up late." I replied.

"A Shimada is never late Genji, remember that. Since it took you so long to get here, after you return from school, you would have an additional one hour of training, got that?" he spoke sternly.

"Yes father." I sighed. I'm part of the Shimada Clan, a prestigious and powerful household in which the power grew over the centuries. We wield the power of the two dragons. Hanzo has the dragon of the South Wind, while I have the power of the dragon of the North Wind. Together,  we uphold balance and harmony in the Heavens. Well...we are supposed to anyway. You see, Hanzo and I don't usually get along well. We always bicker and fight, whether it may be physical or verbal, and father is always the one who has to break us up.

"Raise your weapon Genji." father's voice boomed. I came back from my thoughts and instantly sheathed my sword. "You may be slow but your reflexes are good." he nodded before shooting arrows towards our direction. We deflected it with ease. He started doubling the amount of arrows until it seemed like a storm of arrows was raining on us.

"Father, it is time to go to school." Hanzo said.

"You are dismissed." he said with a wave of his hand. I went back to my room to get my schoolbag before dashing out of the house to meet up with my brother in order for us to go to school together. It wasn't any of our choices as father always wanted us to in order for us to back each other up in case of a battle.

Shinju's POV

"Shinju, it's time to wake up." I felt someone pinching my cheeks. I punched them in the face before rubbing my eyes to see who it was. I saw my older brother Kiyoshi lying on the floor rubbing his cheeks.

"Morning Kiyo" I stretched as I said his nickname.

"Watch who your punching, what if it was Mom?" he said annoyed.

"Gomen." I apologised whilst yawning.

"Anyway," he said standing up," Mom wants you to eat breakfast now, don't forget that this it is our first day of school at Yuriko High." he said as he walked out of my room.

I rolled out of bed and landed on the tatami mat as I looked around my new room. We had recently moved in about a week ago so there were still boxes in the room that I haven't unpacked yet. I chose the room with the balcony because it overlooks the rows of cherry blossom as well as the air being fresher up here. I had to put up quite a fight with Kiyoshi in order to get this room.

"Honey, your food is getting cold." this time it was my dad calling me.

"I'm coming!" I quickly changed into my school attire and slid down the banister of the stairs. At the dining table was where family was seated.