Chapter 1: Easier said then done.

"Victoria get your butt down here right now!" mother yelled. I'm Victoria Lynch and I'm 16, I have 2 sisters one who 18 Chole and Katy who is 10 years old. As I make my way down stairs I hear chatting. I peek my head around the corner, I see my family around the couchs talking. As I hear "Is it going to be warm there?" "Are we getting a big house?" "Are we going to be by the beach?" "Can we go shopping?" Thats when I asked "Whats going on?". Everyone looked at me and started to talk at the same time! I yelled "STOP! mom whats going on?" "Honey I got a job in California."So I'm suppose to leave everything here even DEREK?!?!" It hurts me so much for me to say his name. I quickly swallow the lump in my throat. Now I regret the words I just said to my mother. I quickly say "I'm sorry." I turn on my heels and run to my room I grab my notepad and pencil I changed into a vans top, high waisted shorts and vans I grab my skateborad and run downstairs and left. As I feel the warm summer sun on me I set my borad and go. I know excatly were I'm going. I stop at our local cementry. Almost instandly I see the grave I want to see. i blink back the tears and start to write.

       Dear Derek,

           Hey I miss you so much. I want to hug you agian and smell you agian. Today mom told us were moving to California. I dont want to go, I don't want to leave you. If I do move I'm being a nerd because I would want to change. i dont want to be the badass anymore because you were my parthner in crime.

       Your sister,

             Victorica

  I hover over the grave and hug ot thinking about what happened that night.

  ~Flashback~  

   "Daddy slow down please." I whinned Derek was right next to me holding my hand. "Dad your scaring her please pull over and I'll drive your to drunk to drive!" Derek yelled at my fathe. "Shut your god damn mouth Derek shes a piece of shit anyways!" " Dasd pull the car over now!" I swear I saw red in Dereks eyes but my tears were blurring my vision. Next thing I know was I feel derek on top of me and I hear sirens. The people in the white suits took Derek and me. My Dad passed out on the wheel. I couldn't stop crying, my finger were still interwinged with Dereks but his hand was cold and limp. As they take him away I start to sob. The people in the white coats tookme to a hostipal. a doctor came out and said "Honey, your brother didn't survive would you like to see him?" I nodded and walked in the room. There I saw my brother hooked on tubes and looked as pale as snow. All I wanted at the moment was to see him smile agian. Tears fulled my eyes as i run my hand though his light brown hair the same I have. I want to see his light brown eyes alive agian like mine. Then I relized I look almost excatly like him. I grabbed his hand only to feel cold. I kiss him on the cheek and whisper in his ear "Derek, i love you and I want you to know you'll always be my big brother."

 ~End of Flashback~ 

   He died when I was 10 and he was 16. My father left us. That was the last time I saw him. I put the letter I just wrote next to his grave. It started to get dark so i went back home. As I get insude my house i run up stairs so I won't be questioned by mother. When I get to my room I text my bestfriend Cole. Cole and I have been friends since 3rd grade. He's one of the hottest boys at school. Almost every girl falls for him but me. I had a crush on him when I was little but not anymore. I texted him.....

"Hey"

Almost instantly he texted back

"hey what's up"

"Nothin much are you free right now?"

'Yea do you want me to pick you up or do you want to pick me up?"

"Well I don't have a car bimbo"

"Hey that hurt! so you want me to pick you up?"

"YES! I swear no wonder your a blonde!"

"Hey your being mean today what up with that?"

"I'll tell you later but get over here ASAP!"

"Ok be there in 10"

     Its been about 7 mintutes when I hear a honk outside. I grab my purse and open my window and climb down. I run to the red pick up and opened the passenger door and sat in my seat."Wow it looks like you ran a marthon" Cole said. "Oh shut up and drive." "Were to Tori Boo" "The mall cupcake!" Yes at times we make nicknames for each other.

  As we get to the mall I hop out of the car. Cole asks me "So what did  you need to tell me?'' "Well my mom found a new job." 'Wow Tori thats great." "Well-UMM- we need to-errr- move to California" Cole expression is blank. I quickly added " I dont want to go because of Derek and you." All he did was hug me. He whispered in my ear "We have to keep in touch ok." I nodded in hes shoulder. I feel a tear fall from my left eye but I quickly wipe the tear before he sees. I look in his eyes and see big pools of blue. I crush him in one of my bone crushing hugs. I look at him and smiled at him and said "come on lets go shopping!" He smiled and we walked in to WetSeal. I told him I wanted to be a nerd but still have style. Cole is a model so he knows fashion. He pulls out a tight red top and dark skinny jeans and a leather jacket and says "No Tori your going to be the badass Nerd!"