Chapter 40: Come on Baby

Start from the beginning

...

It was now 2:00am in the morning and my team and I had been preparing for this all day I had my final check ups and began to walk down the quiet hallway with only the sound of my footsteps following me. It was time for ________ to come home.

 It was time for ________ to come home

Your P.o.v.

I had been living in a cheap apartment for the last few months, finally going back to work and trying my absolute best to conform and fit in with the rest of society as if nothing had happened. Theres only one problem. I didn't feel right. Ive tried doing everything that I used to do, going out with friends, going to the bar, going to the movies etc. But non of it feels the way it should be. I feel incomplete and just lost in general. It was currently 1:30am, I was walking home from a night out with the girls and had just reached my building. Slowly I made my way up the staircase and onto the 2nd floor where I then entered my room. I could barely move due to my exhaustion so I dropped my bag on the floor near the kitchen and laid down on the lounge as I switched the Tv on.

The time was now 2:00am.

A commercial had just ended on how to look younger within minutes, clearly a new makeup scam however the following message brought me back to my senses and my heart began to pound harder and harder. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, how? how was this even possible? why was this happening? The screen followed the figure down the hallway and I held my breath not knowing how to react.

(play the song now)

I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen, I watched closely awaiting for something to happen

I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen, I watched closely awaiting for something to happen.Thousands of thoughts began rushing through my mind and I had no control over myself. I felt as if I was entranced unable to focus on anything but the person in front of me on the television screen. The lights of multiple cameras flashing followed and illuminated his face revealing the mixture of confidence and determination. The air in my apartment changed, everything felt like it was made of electricity. "Joker" I whispered as I shifted in my seat. 

He had stopped walking after making his way down a corridor and up a staircase, I could clearly see now that he was on top of a building in the city not to far from here, maybe half an hour away. Although I wasn't exactly sure of which one he was on im sure he would eventually give me some sort of indication. The cameras zoomed up on his face and his signature smile and wild eyes finally showed their true form. "Im dead inside, come home" were the only words he spoke for a moment. I couldn't help myself but whisper out loud "I will" almost as if Joker had heard me a large smile spread across his face and his arms opened wide as if to beckon  someone from the millions of people watching to join him.

 I couldn't help myself but whisper out loud "I will" almost as if Joker had heard me a large smile spread across his face and his arms opened wide as if to beckon  someone from the millions of people watching to join him

"Come on, baby." I felt a warm smile spread across my face. To most people watching this right now they would be absolutely horrified and find his smile terrifying but to me it was comforting and damn straight attractive. He had done this all for me, he had to of there wouldn't be anyone else. He even got dressed up in a suit and slicked his hair back. "J tell me where" I spoke aloud and just like that the light in the background changed from a dark black to a bright purple backdrop with blood dripping from the ceiling.

 "J tell me where" I spoke aloud and just like that the light in the background changed from a dark black to a bright purple backdrop with blood dripping from the ceiling

Home... He was at home. 

He left me with one final clip of himself and ended the broadcast himself smiling into the camera as if he knew that I was watching and replying to him. 

"Ill be home soon".

...................

Authors Note:

Hey everyone! finally posted another chapter. I hope that I shocked you all with this chapter, I've been planning on doing something dramatic for a while now I just didn't know how I was going to do it. 

Let me know what you think in the comments and I hope you all have a lovely Day/Night!