Chapter 16: You're Beautiful

Katherine

Forcing myself up I knew today would be a long do. I get the pleasure of returning back to school. Just great. Abby has already left out with Sarah for school. I hope it's not to soon for her to return to school after all that happened. Heck it seems like to much for me so I could only imagine.

I threw on some ripped jeans and a loose cropped t-shirt that Sarah surprisingly picked out for me. I'm a little self conscious about wearing it due to old scars but the crop top is really loose so it covers me pretty good. Heading down stairs I grabbed my bag and phone off the charger.

My stomach started to growl but I ignored it. I know I shouldn't but I haven't had much of an appetite lately.

Walking out the front door I locked it and turned around to come face to face with someone causing me to take in a shocked breath.

"God Seth you scared me." I evened out my breathing realizing who it was.

"Sorry, I came to bring you breakfast and take you to school." He handed me a Starbucks bag and a Carmel Frappuccino.

It was so sweet that he brought me breakfast but the smell of the food isn't that welcoming to me.

"Seth you didn't have to... Really I could have walked."

"Nonsense, now get in the car." He left room for no questioning so I entered the car after he opened my door.

During the drive he made I few calls to patients I assume. I sipped on my frappe a little here and there already feeling sick to my stomach from what I already drank.

"Aren't you going to eat." I hadn't realized he got off the phone.

"Yea I'll eat it at school." I don't want him knowing I'll probably just give it to Llaya.

"Just eat it now." He pulled up the school and parked.

"I'm gonna be late Seth I'll eat in my first block." Unbuckling my seat belt I tried to get out but was stopped by Seth grabbing hold to my arm.

"Katherine! You haven't been eating again have you?"

"No but it hasn't been on purpose I just haven't had the appetite. Please let me go I'm going to be late."

"I knew it I felt how emaciated your body was yesterday but I ignored it, this can't go on you have to stop treating your body like this. I knew you had no choice in the past but you have control of eating now, not your father." His open insults on my body are upsetting he's the only one I've let touch me in that way even if it's not super intimate yet.

"Glad to hear your thoughts on how my body feels." My voice betrayed me and cracked.

I shouldn't get this upset but I've recently noticed how self conscious I am about my body. I'm aware of how skinny I am and the permanent bruises makes everything look worse. I knew he wouldn't like it. My eyes began to water out of my control. He must have realized how I took his words.

"Fuck Katherine I'm so sorry I didn't mean it like that." He reached out to touch me but I flinched back.

I'm not comfortable enough right now to be touched.

"Katherine I'm sorry.... Please let me touch you." Before he could reach for me again I quickly hopped out the car and walked into the school quickly.

On my way to first block I ran into Llaya.

"KAT!!" She jumped in my arms like she hadn't seen me in years.

"Hey Llaya." I tried to hide my emotions but I know she's going to see through me.

"What's wrong?" And it never fails.