Chapter 3

Viola Blom's POV

The speaker is Kat Veni. Kat Veni is my sister. My only sister. She probably looks the same as she did years ago. She probably still has that wavy midnight black hair, those dark green eyes, and an hourglass body. I turn to look at Kat. I almost faint. She looks monstrous. Kat now has straight blond shoulder length hair, eyes as blue as the sea, and is barely there. She wears her least favorite color, white. A white blouse covers everything, even some of her neck. A white skirt almost touches her ankles. She is wearing dangerously tall high heels.

Kat is crying. Dad uses hand signals to urge me to go inside. Kat makes a cutting motion across her mouth. If I go inside with Dad I can get the cure. This might be my last chance to see Kat though. If Kat doesn't want me to get the cure she probably has a good reason.

Kat and I run into each other's arms. We are both crying tears of joy. After a long embrace we both pull back to examine each other. Kat has changed a lot over the years. She says, "You look like you used to... just better. I know my horrific appearance must shock you. Mother has been changing me so that I can become her dream child. Mother has been homeschooling me for the past 5 years. Do you have any questions?" I nod. Of course I have questions. It has been 5 years since we last saw each other. I open my mouth yet no words come out. I have so many questions I can't form words. Several seconds go by with neither of us talking.

Kat says, "You seem to be speechless. I figured you would have something to say. You are probably wondering how I got away from Mother. She gave me a ultimatum. Get the cure or live on the streets. I choose the latter. I don't want you to get the cure Viola." I find my voice and say, "Why not? It has only benefits. " Kat says, "Testing for it stopped mere days after the cure was discovered. We don't know of any flaws the cure might have. I wouldn't be so quick to accept 'the truth'."

I say, "If we don't get the cure we will be forced to live on the streets." Kat smiles and says, "I know. Live on the streets with me. Everyday would be like a new adventure." Is this really my sister? I say, "If you could have any superpower what would you have and why?" She says, "Selective mind reading, so I could prevent people from committing crimes." This really is my sister.

Dad exits the building and runs over to us. His face is red with anger. Dad asks, "Why didn't you get the cure with me?" Dad looks at Kat. Kat says, "Good to see you again Dad. You don't look a day older." His face becomes lighter as his eyes spark with recognition. He begins to shake. His eyes start to water. He says, "I can't believe it's you. I hope Mom hasn't been treating you too bad." Kat says, "Mother is a closed chapter in my book. I left mom forever." I say, "She was no mom to Viola or me. We should go back home. We have so much to talk about."

A/N I know this chapter is very short. I needed to get this out today. It will be improved. Don't worry Refuge (Dystopia) fans, I haven't forgot about you. A new chapter will be up in a few days. Smash that vote button, comment your thoughts and opinions, follow if you want more Dystopia.

~ RogueReader