F I F T E E N

Jesus Christ! Alex didn't know how much those words could weigh until he saw Ninnette hit the ground.

He'd been in his car. Waiting for her. Waiting to see the person she'd obviously been waiting for. From where he parked his car, he could see into the coffee shop she'd all but ran into. He couldn't help but notice the sway of her hips in the plain black gown she wore as she walked into the shop. Damn! She could be wearing rags and still make him hard.

When he woke up to a note from her, saying his money was in his account and that she was gone, for a full five seconds, he was stunned. Then he went straight to his room and checked his account and there it was. She sent the money twenty minutes ago which meant, she could still be in the house. Scrambling out of his room to her room, he found his clothes had been arranged on the chair. Quickly locating his boxers, he dipped his leg into it. By the time he yanked it up, he was already halfway down the stairs. He'd called her name but there was no reply. In his hurry, he checked the laundry room, the living room then finally the kitchen where he saw she had prepared his breakfast. Then the realization that she had left finally hit him. Walking up the stairs, he went straight to his room, called Sebastian and told him to find the source of the money and Ninnette's location ASAP. After showering and dressing in his usual casual wear mainly jeans, white Polo Shirt and sneakers, he grabbed his less conspicuous car key and made his way to the garage and checked his phone for which had vibrated some seconds ago.

Sebastian had located Ninnette's phone coordinate but the person that wired the money into her account still remained a mystery. Damn her! If she was in such a hurry to leave after what happened, maybe he'd misread her after all. Inputting the coordinates into his GPS, he drove as fast as he could. When the GPS told him he was at the right place, he quickly scanned the crowd and saw her.
Getting out of the car, he all but ran towards her and just as he was about tapping her, a cyclist came out of nowhere and almost hit her.

Almost. If he hadn't been there - no. He was not going to go there.

He'd all but dragged her into his car. And they'd talk. And being the ass he was, he'd annoyed her and she left the car and walked into the restaurant, leaving him to his fantasies about her and his car.

When she ordered her food and ate, he thought she would come out once she was done. Then an hour passed and he thought she was waiting for someone since she kept glancing at the front door. After an additional thirty minutes, he decided to go in and talk to her again. He stepped out of the car just as the door of the shop opened and out stepped Ninnette looking as if she'd seen a ghost.

The sound of a car zooming down the street had him calling out Ninnette's name. But she didn't appear to hear him as she stumbled across the street just as he had a sickening crunch and a thud.

Grabbing his phone, he hit 911 as he sprinted to where Ninnette lay. Over the roaring in his ear, he noticed the Volvo backing away. Checking for the plate number, he found none and damn if the windows weren't tinted!

As the sound of the ambulance got nearer, he held Ninnette's hand which had gone really cold and prayed she wouldn't die. Not until Ninnette was stabilized in the hospital and the doctors told him he could see her did Alex realize what he was doing.

He was waiting for someone that probably hated his guts. Why would he do that? He didn't know and he had no intention of finding out. So instead of heading into the room Ninnette was, he headed out and told the doctor he wanted to remain anonymous.

               ⭐         ⭐        ⭐        ⭐

Something was pressing on her stomach. Or not her stomach.