Just One Night ~4~

Start from the beginning

            Rania sighed. “Tay, you really don’t get it, do you?” She asked. I shook my head. “There’s a sort of unspoken rule with guys, according to Matthew, that a guy never asks a one night stand to open her eyes. You can read their emotions too clearly and it makes the girl feel attached or something. You only ever do it if you love the person, or if you’re serious.”

            I frowned. “Then why did he ask me to? I mean, that makes sense, and I have to admit it definitely helped me finish, but why would Cameron ask me to do it if he knew we were just a onetime deal?”

            Rania shrugged. “I don’t know, but I’m definitely telling Matthew that part if you don’t mind?”

            “Nah, I don’t care. Just leave out specific details. You can also tell him I thought Cameron was very talented. That way, Cameron can’t get all pissed I was talking about him.” I rolled my eyes.

            Rania snorted. “Like he’d care. Didn’t you see him? Seriously, I never thought I’d see the day he has girl problems.”

            We were both quiet for a bit, watching whatever show was on her TV right now.

            And that was how we spent the rest of the weekend. I admitted easily that I was probably going to try and hook up with another guy at the next party for comparison reasons, making Rania roll her eyes. Now that she knew I didn’t get too attached too easily, I’d be able to get away with a lot more.

            “What are you going to do about Cameron at school though?” Rania asked.

             I groaned. “I have no idea. I’m kind of hoping he’ll have forgotten all about it and go back to being a player. If he doesn’t try talking to me, I’ll just unlock his phone to be nice.” I told her.

            She laughed. “His phone’s still locked? What will you do if he doesn’t get the password before Friday night?”

            “I’ll unlock his phone, apologize, and then tell him that he doesn’t get another chance for a date.” I shrugged. I hadn’t really thought about it, but that made sense to me. I didn’t ever want this attachment, so why would I try to encourage it?

            Rania frowned. “Please try letting him down easy. It’s not every day the player wants a girl to stick around.”

            I nodded. “I’ll try. No promises.”

            The next week was definitely weird.

            For starters, Cameron found out where my first period class was, and decided to walk me there on Monday. This became a routine thing throughout the week.

            Second, he sat with me and Rania at lunch.

            And third, he wouldn’t shut up about the password.

            At first he thought it was something about me, and asked me so many questions about myself that I had to tell him to shut up before he became classified as obsessed.

            I’d been asked by way too many people (mainly guys surprisingly) if I was dating Cameron.

            This happened all week, and by Friday, I was seriously ready to kill him.

            “Hey, babe.” Cameron said, hugging me from behind as he sat down at lunch.

             I rolled my eyes. “Don’t call me babe. Seriously, do you have some sort of abandonment issue?”