Part II

So this was supposed to be a one chapter story but I'm gonna divide it into the four parts the story of originally divded into. So anyways, that's why this is coming up so fast, it's not an actual chapter it's just the continuation of the story. Let me know what you think alright?

Hope you enjoy,

-> Desyre

                There was a persistent ringing in my dreams and suddenly it registered that the ringing wasn’t a dream, that it was real. My eyes snapped open and I sat straight in my bed, feeling disoriented. Why had I woken up? The ringing. My doorbell was ringing. I got out of my bed and quickly walked through my dark, dusty house to the door. I peeked through the dirty windows and felt confused. I went to open my door, the frown having settled in my forehead already.

“Hi.” Shel smiled at me and I just felt my eyebrows come closer together. What was he doing here? Hadn’t his job of reporting back to the doctor ended already? “Oh. Sorry. Did I wake you up?”

“No, this is how I normally look.” I answered annoyed. It was like five in the morning, what was he doing here?

                Shel chuckled and smiled at me apologetically.

“Sorry, I tend to forget that people don’t get up as early as I normally do.” Shel said still smiling.

                I squinted at him. I’d had to wake up early back in that place as well, was that what this was about? Was he reporting to my doctor that I wasn’t keeping the habits that I was supposed to keep when they released me?

“Don’t worry, I was about to wake up anyways.” I lied. “So… Was there anything you needed?”

“Oh, right. No, I don’t need anything, actually I was here to ask you if you needed anything.” Shel said smiling.

                I felt lost and confused right then. He wanted to know if I needed anything. Why would I need something?

“You know, with your house or something.” Shel said when he noticed I wasn’t understanding.

                With my house? What did my house…? Oh. The rotten wood, dirty and broken windows, chipped paint, my dusty belongings, and the whole graffiti deco.

“Oh, yeah.” I said telling him that I’d understood. “No, don’t worry I’m alright.”

                Shel frowned then and tilted his head to the side, and I couldn’t help but think that he looked like a dog. A very adorable dog. An adorable dog that was reporting back to my doctor.

“But…” Shel said looking around at the still dusty inside of my house. “Are you sure? It looks like a lot.”

“Yeah, I’m fine, I can handle it.” I said swallowing my annoyance so he could report back to my doctor that I was behaving civilly.

“But you haven’t done anything, and it’s been a week.” Shel said looking confused again.

                My anger grew inside me. He’d been watching me. He’d been watching me and reporting to my doctor that I hadn’t even paid the light bill of my house. I swallowed my anger and decided to play along.

“Fine, you caught me.” I said sighing and sounding defeated. “The truth is it really is a bit too much and I’m kind of a slow worker. So far I’ve only managed to clean my room and my bathroom. But I didn’t want to abuse of your kindness and ask for help either.”