8PM

CHAPTER TWO

Scarlett's POV

A week had passed. A week and she could still taste the rejection in the tip of her tongue. It had been a week since the last time she had spoken to Chris. A week since she had made a complete fool of herself in front of her best friend, if she could still call him that after their little incident – she couldn't even believe that she was actually counting the days. She had been rejected. The term was something fairly new for her, maybe because she had always been confident about her sexuality. Sure, she didn't consider herself the most beautiful woman on earth but she was pretty, for sure.

Sexy, too: lean of limb but creamy and curvy, with the kind of body that can look almost indecently bountiful on screen and in stills, but in person is compact, petite.

She didn't have a lot of experience when it came to dealing with rejections, but she knew that there was always a first time for everything. If it had been any other man, she wouldn't even dwell on it. But this wasn't just any man – it was him.

Scarlett couldn't believe she had ran away from L.A the next morning after waking up in Chris's house.

Blurry memories from the night before were flooding her mind, her head was pounding. It was as if her entire being was now hypersensitive. Her ears were buzzing and she was too nauseous for her own good – is this how hangovers felt like? Ever since Rose was born, Scarlett hadn't experienced a wild night. But her daughter was with her father in France while she was in L.A doing some interviews to promote her movie, Ghost in the Shell.

Her turquoise green eyes opened slowly, but the sunlight that was coming from the wide window that led to a balcony wasn't making her headache better. A soft grunt left her lips and she immediately brought her right hand to her temple, using her middle finger to rub it gently. She finally realized that she wasn't in her hotel room anymore. The room was nicely decorated. With its palette of cream and moss green, the room was soothing and tastefully elegant. Which also had some a masculine style with grays and navy, with walnut furnishings on the opposite end of the spectrum from the white gilded pieces in the left side of the room. It didn't take her long to realize that she was in Chris's bedroom. But the real question was, where was he?

With a deep breath, she sat on the bed and her eyes immediately focused on the nightstand that held a glass of orange juice, and a couple of aspirins next to it that had a cheesy handwritten note that said 'drink me'. She rolled her eyes but still did what the note was indicating, she took both aspirins, followed by a sip of juice and stood up. She had to get out of there, she didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of him anymore.

A relieved sigh escaped her lips when she found her shoes and bag. As she was about to sneak out of the house she noticed Chris sleeping on the couch, at the living room of the second floor that was right outside his bedroom.

He looked younger when he was sleeping, the sight of him made the blonde stop for a moment, just to appreciate the view for a few more seconds. He had his right hand behind his head, using it as a pillow while his left was resting on his chest. His lips were slightly puckered and his breathing was even. "I'm sorry." Scarlett said as she bent down next to the couch, so she could press her lips against the corner of his mouth, before walking away.

Ever since then, Scarlett had received multiple calls and text from him but she hadn't replied to any of them. Sometimes her pride got the best of her and she knew that it was something she needed to work on, and fast.

The blonde heard a knocking on her door which interrupted her train of thought. It was 8pm, and she wasn't expecting any visits so it caught her a little off guard. But she still went towards the door to get it.