Knowing S

I never used to care what dangers or what things went on above ground. When I say that I mean I lived under the sands in a desert. I know seems like a wierd house to live in right, but it's were I felt safe and the one place where I was born. But I can still remember the day when I wished we had waited a day or two to do a water run maybe then the tragity that changed my life would probably have never had happened. Unfortunately, I can remeber that day like it just happened.

It was in mid-afternoon, me and my little sister had been playing Cactus Accuracy, its a game where u throw a rock or arrow and see how many you Cactus you can hit or break in a row. My dad had the highest score at it.

"Siad. Yui. I need to go for a water run really quick you guys wanna come?" My dad shouted from the entrance of our underground home.

"Sure we'll come along" I yelled back at him the best I could.

"You know it would be easier for you to talk if you didn't wear that mask all the time," Yui had said to me.

I ran my hand across my mask. It covers most of my face except for my left eye and some parts of my left cheek and side of my forehead. I had to move my short Silver hair from my face in order to see Yui looking at me in curiosity.

The wind started to pick up and little grains of sand started to blow against my stomach. Guess that's what I get for wearing a black belly shirt. I pulled my purple hood over my head ,which is tied around my neck and covered only my neck and shoulders, as did my sister Yui.

"Dad told me to never take it off."

"Wonder why"

"So do I"

I heard my dad call for me so i went to his room. He was packing his backpack he had with some food and water just in case.

"You wanted to see me dad?"

"Oh yes Siad. Hear I think its time I give you these."

He handed me two silver shoulder plates. They were silver and they were Engraved with weird symbols.

"Try them on."

I put them on and the moment they touched my shoulder they seemed to conform to my shoulder like a second skin. My eyes widened at the site of this, but when I looked at my dad he had a smile on his face.

"Looks like they have finally found the right master," he said to me.

I looked at him in confusion and he seemed to notice.

"These speacial shoulder plates are know to choose there wearer. They were passed down from generation to generation choosing only those who are worthy to bare it"

I looked at then with curiosity. I studied every cut, every edge and every symbol that was on the shoulder plates. I kept wondering what was so special about them.

"You will find out in time why these are special." It seemed like he knew what I was thinking. I thanked him and the three of us set off.