>Chapter 14<

The day was a blur. Pre-Algebra, Language Arts, Spanish, Lunch, Gym, and Science passed by like the time was on fire. There was this strange girl in my Science class that kept insisting that wearing red would keep the faeries, or "Fair Folk" away.

That was pretty strange. I guess reading fantasy books can seem reasonable to others. Focusing on the events right now...

"Serena? Serena!" Ash was waving his hand in front of me. I blinked several times before apologizing.

   "Sorry, Ash. Just zoned out."

   "It's okay. So, where can we meet up after school?"

   "What?" I was confused. When did I agree to meet up after class today? Not that I had any plans...

   "Remember? In the beginning of class, I asked you if you were busy today. You shook your head. So, where do you think?" I tilted my head. I vaguely remember Ash asking me something.

   "Umm..." I frantically tried to pick a place. Then, just my luck, I heard Misty talking to Iris.

   "So we're going to meet up in the St. Nick Library, right?" Iris asked Misty.

   "Yeah, so..." Misty changed the subject. I turned to Ash.

   "How about the St. Nick Library?"

&@&@& Time Skip &@&@&

   "So, about that crush..." I raised my head to meet Ash's eyes. He groaned.

   "Yeah?"

   We were in the library, finished with our research. Obviously, we were about head our separate ways, but then we saw May and Lillie talking Misty and Iris. Ash froze for a second and retraced his steps, back into the library. Concerned, I followed him and now we're here. Having a staring match.

   Ash kept losing for some reason. He would stare into my eyes with extreme determination, then look away. So I tried to spike up a conversation.

   "Does she know you?" I asked. In my mind, it seemed like a reasonable question. In several of the teen/drama/love stories, there's the person who crushes on someone, but the person doesn't know him/her... and then they meet and have a happily ever after. Or something nearly like that.

   "Yes. She knows me." Ash said confidently. "Why do you ask?"

   "Um, no reason." My cheeks burn. Of course she knows Ash. Everyone knows him and his friends. To cover up what I said, I ask another question.

   "What do you plan to do to ask her out?" I tilt my head to him as he scratches to back of his neck nervously.

   "I had this plan... well, to sing to her," He started to play with his signature red hat that he wears everywhere. "But I don't know if my voice is good enough. Kenny, Drew, and Gary say that I should choose another option, but other option do I have?"

  "She's a lucky girl," I whispered wistfully. I wish I had someone that crushed me as hard.
"Huh? What was that?" Ash asked me. I straightened up with a smile.

"Um, nothing. So, if you want to find if your voice is good enough, then you can sing to me." I suggest, surprised at my own boldness. Ash had a shocked face too, but for a different reason.

  "W-what? Sing? Right here right now?"

   I looked around. "Yes. Nobody's around." It was true. Misty and Iris all ready headed home, the library assistant was wearing headphones to some loud music, and the head librarian was in the back, rearranging books as usual. I looked at his hesitant face. "That is. If you want to sing."

   Ash shook his head. "No its fine. I probably won't have this opportunity again." He stood up and side-glanced at me. I waited to hear his song.

   "I'm going to sing this pretty old song. It's called: (Everything I do) I do it for you." He took a deep breath and sang.

(A/N: Song above)

Look into my eyes, you will see

What you mean to me

Search your heart, search your soul

And when you find me there, you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth try'in for.

You can't tell me it's not worth die'in  for

You know it's true:

Everything I do, I do it for you...

(Song continues)

   After he was done singing, there was oh-so several words that could describe his voice.

   "Arceus... that was amazing!"

862 words