Giant Fuzzy Bear

“Sister,” the slim, purple haired, fourteen-year-old pipes. “We have to help him.”

The nineteen-year-old elder sighs and runs her right hand through her light purple hair. “If you insist.” She always submits to her sister's desires. Once Tevy Zahara saw a troubled animal there was no stopping her. Amina pulls the bear over her shoulder. Why in the hell is there a freaking polar bear in an orange jump suit on a hot summer island?

The young veterinarian looks up at her sister, only walking towards their temporary home after the young woman gives her a nod to continue. The two, and the bear, enter the small hut near the docks. It isn't much but it isn't like they were going to stay very long, just long enough to hitch a ride to another island.

“Where do you want me to put him Tev?”

The young teen motions towards the bed. Grudgingly Amina complies, after all it is her bed and she is not one to share with a stranger, whether is a bear or not. After she places the fuzzy, larger than life, teddy bear on the bed she plops down in the lumpy chair in the corner. She just stays in the room to observe and knows better than to get in her younger sister's way.

The small girl climbs on top of the bear, that was more than thrice her size. Her hands finding the way to the zipper of the jump suit, eager to undress her newest patient. A bear! An actual bear! And not only that a polar bear! I wonder if his fur is actually translucent and his skin is actually black! The girl blissfully strokes the animals fur.

“Tevy are you going to help the poor animal or turn it into your snuggle pet?”

A small growl emits from the frail girl, oh how she hated it when her bliss was interrupted. But alas, duty calls. After some poking and prodding she deduces that it isn't anything serious.

“So?” the unenthusiastic woman inquires. “What's the verdict doc?”

“He is overheating. If you would go fetch some ice water and I'll turn on the A/C,” the tiny girl commands.

Amina Zahara takes in a deep breath and exhales. “Alright.” She exits the hut. She enters a small pub right on the inside of town and orders some ice in a large quantity. While she waits she notices how stiff she is from sitting so long. She stretches her arms out above her head and then pulls them behind her back. The bartender still hasn't returned so she decides to take this time to crack her knuckles, back, and neck.

“Miss,” a tepid voice rings next to her. “Would you please stop doing that.”

She faces the origin of the request and frowns slightly at him. “Why should I do that?” The man is hunched over the bar slightly, his elbows resting lazily on the countertop. The top half of his face is masked by the shadow casted by his fuzzy, spotted hat. The only visible part of his face is his lips and goatee.

A placid smirk stains his face. “It is said that arthritis is caused by cracking your joints, especially your hands.”

She shrugs her shoulders, dismissing his suggestions. “Then I'll just have to end up with arthritis huh?” The conversation halts, much to her enjoyment. She had no need to talk to strangers. The toned woman leans on the counter, sprawling her arms across it, and laying her chest on the surface.

She scans the tavern, which is bland and almost completely empty, with the exception of the young man next to her. Him being the only non-dull object in the room, is the sole reason she is now staring at him. He wears a yellow hoodie with a black hood and sleeves that are rolled up to his elbows. The draw string that pulls the hood closed is uneven, it took her whole being not to pull it to make the sides even. An odd smiley decorates the hoodie. His light blue skinny jeans hug his body and they have an odd leopard spot pattern that decorate heavily around the knees and around the ankles. His tattoos adorn his arms and back of his hands.

What Have I Gotten Myself Into? (Trafalgar Law Romance)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara