Chapter 29: Confirmations..

Comenzar desde el principio

"You will do no such thing!" He had a far-off look but still looked angry.

"That! We'll see..." I shrugged just to increase his annoyance.

He squeezed his eyes shut and massaged the bridge of his nose with his hand. I must say he looked ridiculously hot right now. With his Adam's apple bobbing vertically as he swallowed.

"What were you doing in my room?" He turned towards me really interested to know the answer.

"I was just passing by-" I tried to just... shrug it off.

"Well Rand tells me you were waiting there for me since last night.... you haven't had anything to eat from then?" He raised his eyebrow. Rand? The cook?

Aaah... right! Now I'm caught. "I just came to talk to you...." I was thinking what I should say next, but nothing came to my mind and I kept quiet.

He was caressing my cheek and slowly brought my face closer to his, but he ducks his head as he bit down on my neck. Sucking my skin as I literally felt like there was electricity passing between us. My eyes were closed and hands in his hair.......

"SIR!" I heard a scream. That was when I quickly pulled back looking at our new cook who seemed to be breathless.

"What?!" Nick snarled back at him.

"Uh... aah..." he stuttered looking at us shell shocked.

"What Rand?!"

"Siirr... uh... I... I actually half burnt the lunch I prepared. So, it will take some more time for me to prepare it." He said. And I was damn sure that there was something fishy about this man! He for one reason didn't look like a cook from any angle!

"LEAVE!" Nick shouted at him as he ran down the corridor.

He turned to me and smiled..."So, where were we?" He came up to my face.

But I placed my finger on his lip and replied. "Nowhere! Thankfully Mr. Dear Rand stopped me before I'd do something wrong and regret later." I gave him saccharine smile.

"Wrong? Regret?!" His nose was flaring with anger.

"Yupp... I don't want a repeat of what happened at Carr's wedding." I sat resting back onto the bench seat.

"You regretted that?" His eyebrows were raised with anger.

"Well yeah... I mean..."

"Great!" He interrupted. And I snapped my eyes at him. "I just needed your confirmation for the divorce approval. Now it's settled then." His eyes were piercingly red with anger. I could almost feel the veins popping out of his skin.

"Nick, I didn't mean that! Let me complete!" I emphasised the word 'complete'. But I guess he wasn't ready to listen as he shook his head.
"Nick!" I shouted and walked behind him when he got up to walk out. "Nick we were here to talk.... Like civil people. Stop!" I screamed but he wouldn't listen.
"Ex hubby!" I teased so that he'd turn back to correct me.

"I'm not your ex yet! Tolerate with that for some time." He said but continued walking.

"Well soon to be ex hubby then... news flash hubby... I know we dreamed about having cute babies together and all-" I started dreamily just to tease him, but he got serious and turned back with a ridiculed face.

I was just joking... "where did you get that?! Well news flash to you too wifey... hubby or not! I'm not ever having kids! With you or anyone. Gawwd! That's sooo... creepy!" He said and walked away from me. I was just standing there with a look that said, 'what just happened?!'