Chapter 29: Confirmations..

Start from the beginning

"You spent the entire night with her? What were you exactly doing?" I'm sure they weren't playing 'truth or dare' the entire night.

"Entire night?" He pulled my shoulder to look at me with a ridiculed expression. "Who bloody told you that?!"

"Uhm... I guessed?" I giggled and he looked even more... confused.

"Evelyn! Stop assuming and guessing things. You are very bad at it!" He said and got up to sit on the bench opposite me as he was now facing me.

"Really? Then could you actually share some of your last night experiences...?" I said folding my hands with fake excitement and fake dreamy eyes.

He rolled his eyes then looked straight at me and started with a nod, "Yesterday after I left home, it almost slipped out of my mind that you were home. And I was out the entire day with Mark! We were looking at the CCTV footages of your restaurant. We felt like we saw something. But again, we're not sure. Anyways.... I was there looking at the footages the entire night. I was the one to call Melanie so that we could meet up, she seemed to know something about it. And she had a shoot so she could only meet after two days. That is why I went to meet her at the shoot place...-"

"Wait!" I interrupted. Like always. "Wasn't she doing an ad with Max? They're still not done with it?" I asked suspiciously.

"She's signed a new movie with them!" He narrowed his eyes at me angrily and I rolled my eyes.

"See one question about Melanie, and he's already angry." I murmured to myself, but he heard it. Good thing. I actually wanted him to listen. "Continue." I said and was suddenly disappointed that he wasn't next to me so that I could lean on to him.

"Well yeah... the shoot place was.... not..." I got up and sat next to him putting my head on his chest as his hand surrounded my shoulders.

"Continue please." I repeated again.

"Well that's not really a good place. I saw Melanie. I met her. I couldn't get to speak to her though. Cause I saw Isabella and her best friend. And I had to drag them out of that place." He said as I looked up at him and he squeezed his eyes shut at the memory.

"Weren't you people at some hotel? Club? What's so bad about a place like that?" I yawned. I obviously didn't get enough sleep last night. And as of I know Isabella really chooses classy places. So, what's wrong about her going to a club?

"Uhm.... actually, Melanie's doing a documentary movie-" I quickly cut him off. Like that was an information I needed to know! I don't care what she does!

"So?! What's that got to do with me? I don't know which blind director actually took her in-"

"Evelyn! Stop interrupting and you obviously know that's not what I meant!" He said and I immediately moved away from him like he got a plague or something and looked away from him waiting for him to continue.

When he didn't, I repeated, "Continue." A few seconds passed and he still hadn't said anything, so I looked back to see if he was even there or not.

"It was an escort club." When I gave him a confused look he repeated, "They were making a documentary movie. They needed the real, actual places. And that place was a strip club with an escort agency. And I see my sister there. How do you think I should've reacted?!" His face was already red with anger. But trust me, I couldn't help but laugh. What was she doing in a strip club?!

"Oh my god! Isabella is hilarious! And you say I rile you up huh? I should learn some tactics from her. Maybe I should be friends with her. I'd get to learn a few things." I thought seriously and kept my eyes on his face. His eyes widened with every word I said as he swallowed, and his Adam's apple moved up and down. His eyes were dangerously red with anger.