Chapter 17

"Harry, this is getting ridiculous," I sighed in to my phone.

     "So, I'm guessing you got the flowers?" Harry smirked on the other line.

     I rolled my eyes.  "More like the flowers got me.  Jesus, where did you even get a boquet this big?"

     "It's a secret," he laughed.  I sighed again.  Ever since we had that strange conversation before the radio interview a few weeks ago, Harry's been on this stupid little mission to "prove" himself to me.  Actually, I didn't even know exactly what he was trying to prove.  Whatever it was, it involved a lot of gifts.

     This insanely large boquet of flowers that I just discovered in my car was the latest in a plethora of Harry's tricks to try to woo me.  Others included chocolate roses, stuffed animals, a gorgeous pair of Louis Vuitton heels(which were probably ridiculously expensive), a gift card to a Chinese restaurant, six more copies of the Breakfast Club, a signed picture of himself, and a hardcover copy of my favorite book, although I have no idea how he found out what that was.

     Most of those had come with an offer to go out on a date with him, but I politely declined him every time, although I had seriously considered it when he gave me the Louis Vuitton's.  But for some reason, he thought this was some sort of game, and would just laugh when I would refuse and continue spending ridiculous amounts of money on presents for me.

     "Seriously Harry, this is cute and all, but it's getting out of hand," I responded, my eyes on the road as I headed home from a long day of a read-through with my client, Perrie, of her new script, then going with Niall to a photoshoot and interview promoting his new album, and finally a meeting with Modest! to discuss some new reforms.  I had found the flowers in the backseat of my car after the Modest! meeting, and while of course I had been flattered, it was starting to get old.

     "Well, you should probably not go home then," Harry said, and I swear I could hear him grinning through the phone.

      I groaned.  "Oh, god."

     "Oh, come on Ashton, don't act like you don't like all this."

     "Don't call me that," I said, but I couldn't help but chuckle.

     "I'll do what I want.  I'm a rebel."

      "I don't even want to know what you did to my house."

     "Ashton Anne Winter--"

     "That's not my middle name."

     "Ashton Anne Winter.  I know you like this attention."

     "Harold Edward Styles--"

     "How do you know my middle name?"

     "Harold Edward Styles.  What did you do to my house?"

     He laughed, though I didn't know if it was directed towards me copying him or me asking what he did.  "Oh, nothing," he said mischeviously. 

     "Well, I'll find out in a minute," I mumbled as I pulled into my driveway and pulled the key out of the ignition.  Harry giggled.

     "Stay on the line.  I want to hear your reaction," he instructed.  I groaned.  This could not be good.

     I made my way up to my door, the only sounds being my feet tapping the pavement and Harry's light breathing on the other end of the call.

      As I slipped my house key into the lock, I said, "I swear to god, Harry, if this is another--"  I paused mid-sentence and sucked in deep when I opened the door.  "Oh my god."

ManagementOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara