[19] six? seven things.

Start from the beginning

but, of course, the thought reappears unwillingly inside his head. sighing frustratedly, he opens his eyes once more and fixates his gaze on the empty seat in front of him.

surely being the heir of a huge multimillionaire company has its rewards? he thinks, internally hating his mind for not being able to comply with his body's tiredness.

but taehyung didn't say anything about rewards — he only mentioned the bad aspects.

the bad aspects, jungkook repeats inside his head.

he said he couldn't go home from school if he got less than a b+.
he said he's an illegitimate child.
he said his mom didn't love him.
he said he throws up due to stress.
he said he starves himself and loses sleep just to find more time to do extra work.

jungkook's gaze returns to taehyung's figure, eyeing the older with something akin to pity.
did he really spend his whole life learning about business and going through all that shit just so he could take over kim enterprises?

he doesn't even want to inherit his dad's company.

that's twenty one years gone to waste.

sighing, jungkook grudgingly admits: he seems to be a good guy ( jungkook thinks back to how taehyung had reacted with the kid in the chicken shop; playing happily with him whilst the kid's stressed mom took a breather. and just now when he had cheerfully wished that girl a happy birthday, singing and clapping along even though he didn't know her ) — it's a shame that he's going through all this shit.

he's just a guy who gets really happy seeing fried chicken, kids and new things.
jungkook looks over at taehyung again. for god's sake, the guy got super excited just by looking at a fucking stall selling cheap ramen.

shaking his head, jungkook attempts sleep again by closing his eyes and slowing his breathing rate but his mind produces yet another thought.
i wonder what other things he hasn't been able to do, jungkook wonders, tapping his foot against the metal floor of the bus, thoughtfully.

he brushes the thought away, well, whatever, i hope he gets to do them someday, he thinks, yawning.

another thought comes into his head.
jungkook frowns.
he pushes it to the back of his head.
it comes back.

no, oh my god, no. he pushes it away.
it comes back.

he doesn't even mean anything to you — why should you do this for him?
it comes back.

he's your fucking captive — you're meant to take him to joon hyung and collect your money. he pushes the idea away again. im not gonna make him write a bucket list up and do the list with hi—

it comes back.
oh, for fucks sake.

taehyung focus
"kim, what other things haven't you done?" jungkook abruptly breaks the silence.

taehyung swivels his head to face him, eyes blinking as he thinks through jungkook's random question.

"uhm, ive never been to a public bath before. . . and ive never been to a fairground either or an amusement park. ive never seen the ocean in real life — never went to the seaside. ive never had street food before, or alcohol. ive never gotten drunk before or went to one of those wild college house parties and—"