Meet Yumi

Yumi’s POV

Hi, I’m Yumi Chandler. Eighteen years old and still studying.

I’m a model. They say I’m pretty which I always refuse cause I think I’m really not. I’m tall and skinny. My height’s 5 feet and 8 inches. I have long legs. Maybe that’s why I’m qualified to be a model.

I can’t say we’re poor cause we’re really not. My dad’s a businessman and my mom’s an author and also a movie-writer. They work in the same company where they first met.

I’m not that intelligent and not that dorky. I’m just in between.

I’m not talented. Well, all I mastered is how to pout, ramp and pose for pictures. Besides that, I know nothing.

You may be curious about my love life. Well, at the age of thirteen, I think I fell in love with a guy named Dustin. We started dating each other and we’re in the getting to know status. He likes me. I like him. Well, he’s so gorgeous. What can I say? Until I realized it wasn’t love that I’m feeling for him. Maybe I’m just insecure to the other girls in our class already wasting their Friday nights with their boyfriends. At that exact moment I also realized that it wasn’t Dustin whom I love. . . it was Drew.

So yeah, Drew’s my best friend. I didn’t have the idea of when I started feeling for him. You know the feeling when the old days seemed more comfortable than now?

We’re best friends since we were in diapers. Our moms were amigos and they used to hang out with each other, leaving both of us playing alone with our nannies.

He was my classmate since kindergarten. We used to share our snacks together and play on weekends.

In grade school, we used to do our home works together. Not that I’m copying his preparations but of course I’m getting help from him at the same time. Did I say I’m not that intelligent? Cause well, he is.

Summer before high school, I forced him to take classes in organ-playing while I take classes in modeling so we can be together the whole summer. At that time, I didn’t know exactly why I did that. He wants to be in a summer camp but he gave it up anyway just to be with me. Maybe I just want him to be always beside me.

He was my date last prom. Although I already love him that moment, I tried to hide my feelings for him. I don’t want him to know. I mean, what will his reaction be like? We may feel uncomfortable with each other then . . . and I don’t like that.

Oh Jesus, when will I have the guts to confess my attraction for him?