#98

"it's not that cold," hyungwon shrugged as he was helping wonho put a giant blanket down on the ground.

"it's going to get colder later on," wonho said with a smile, finding it funny how he knew that in just a few hours hyungwon was going to start whining how cold it was and that he wanted to go back home.

after they set the blanket down, wonho walked over to hyungwon, zipping up his jacket. "i just don't want you to catch a cold, okay?" he mumbled, playing with the zipper.

hyungwon just leaned closer, kissing the older on the forehead. "you are more likely to catch a cold, you know..."

they didn't really know what else to say, so they just sat down on the blanket, snuggled into each other, covered with another blanket which wonho insisted on taking just in case. (they took a third one, too. once again, just in case.)

while watching the sunset, hyungwon was playing with wonho's hands, also trying to warm them up at least a bit.

"you know," hyungwon spoke, "the sunset looks so different out of town."

"it really does." wonho looked up at the younger. he felt his heart beating faster for a reason. he really thought that he was used to hyungwon's face already. yet he still got that one feeling as if he was falling in love all over again.

it took him a while to realize that he had been staring at the other for quite a while.

"you are so much more beautiful than the sunset," he bluntly said.

"why are you so embarrassing and sappy all the damn time..." hyungwon felt heat spreading all over his cheeks.

"i'm speaking the truth."

hyungwon pecked him on the lips. "my boyfriend is the biggest liar on earth, i can't believe." he entwined his fingers with wonho's as he leaned in to kiss him again.

the older rested his head on the hyungwon's shoulder, closing his eyes. all he could hear was hyungwon's and his own breathing and the calming sound of nature. the wind wasn't too harsh on them, it was actually way softer than they expected.

the sky quickly changed its color from a vibrant orange and purple to dark blue, revealing so many stars that hyungwon couldn't even believe if it was actually real.

for the first time in his whole life hyungwon was able to see such a clear sky and tell apart so many constellations even though he didn't have that much of a knowledge in astronomy.

it was already around midnight when they could even see the milky way's pattern painting the sky in a slightly lighter blue.

while following the trail of the milky way, the brunette let out a gasp as he saw a streak of lightning running across the sky for a split second. "did you see that?" he turned to wonho who also looked really fascinated.

"i did," wonho smiled. "if you actually focus, you will be able to see lots of them."

after hearing that, hyungwon quickly looked up again, trying to see more meteors appearing. maybe a bit more than a few minutes passed until he saw another one.

he was getting really excited because of all of that. he couldn't hide how happy he was. and it made him even happier that he was sharing that moment with no one else but wonho.

from time to time he was stealing glances of the other boy, noticing how the soft lightnings of the moon and the stars were reflecting on his face, bringing out his features.

at some point wonho just started talking about the constellations, revealing his wide knowledge about them. hyungwon almost fell asleep because of wonho's soothing voice.

"are you listening to me anymore?" wonho asked with a chuckle.

"of course i am." it wasn't exactly a lie. it was just that he was focusing more on wonho's voice than on what he was actually saying.

"do you want to go back home? i'm feeling a bit tired."

"sure."

neither of them were sure when did they start calling the house their home. it just sounded right.

and wonho was truly happy because of that fact.