Chapter 26

"I'm Gabriella. Well, Gabi, for short. Anyway, so sorry I bumped into you!" A girl in my year said. I forced my lips into a thin smile. "Emma. My name is Emma." I repeated upon seeing her blank expression. "Oh— right. Of course," she said in a flustered manner. "Terribly sorry, Emma. It was quite lovely to meet you." She said hurriedly. I nodded curtly. "Likewise." I replied smoothly and started off down the hall. I changed my mind about going to Myrtles and started towards the DADA classroom. I opened the door and walked in, twenty minutes late. "Miss Black. How nice of you to finally join us." I nodded and looked down as i took my seat. Moody cleared his throat. "As i was saying before I was rudely. interrupted," he started. The whole class looked at me and i stared at my hands. "Crucio!" Moody yelled, pointing his wand at the enlarged spider. It started squeaking and squirming— like it was screaming in pain. My eyes filled with tears as i watched it. Then i snapped back into reality and stood up abruptly. "Stop! Stop it! You're hurting it! Stop! Please!" I begged Moody. He looked at me, but continued. My eyes flashed and suddenly Moody's wand flew out of his hand and the spider stopped squealing. Professor Moody slowly looked up at me. "How did you do that?" he demanded slowly. I looked at my hands, my face ghost white. "I— I have to go." i whispered and then i ran out of the classroom. "Emma!" I heard the trio following me. "I'm fine, leave me alone." I said. Harry grabbed my arm. "Emma please, stop. We're worried, just talk to us. I'm not leaving until you do." I snapped. "I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!" i felt my eyes flash again and the trio was thrown backward. Harry was thrown into a pillar and didn't stand back up. "Oh my gosh. No, no, no I— i didn't mean to! i swear!" Ron and Hermione looked at me with something i'd never seen before— fear. A tear fell as i watched their wary expressions. "Emma maybe you should go." Hermione said coldly. I swallowed the lump in my throat and ran away, to where— i don't even know.