Chapter One - Miss Jaxon

The manner of which some people carry themselves could either be one hundred percent good, or one hundred percent bad

The manner of which some people carry themselves could either be one hundred percent good, or one hundred percent bad. There was no such thing as fifty percent anymore. It was like standing in the middle of a group of angels and a group of devils.

The unfortunate part was, I had to suffer in the midst of the group of "devils" that roam around my school like they own the place.

My LaxPad had been stolen, and now that I had found the one who had committed the "crime", I was determined to show him what happens when someone steals my LaxPad.

I store everything that I know in there. School work, personal rants, and messages from my friends and my brother.

Being held up against a wall by a huge arm while watching another one of those "devils" swipe away at your LaxPad is not a fun experience.

"Did you know that your LaxPad is out of date, Prick Jaxon?" The one holding the device said with a wicked grin, continuing to let his fingers dance across the screen, pressing buttons and going onto apps that I wouldn't let him be on if I had the opportunity to stop him.

"My name is Prix...you know that, Joel."

Joel didn't respond, he was too busy staring at the screen with an amused glint in his gray eyes. He turned the LaxPad around so I could see what was on the screen, and I blinked once I saw what was on it.

"Don't read that!" I blurted out.

Now Joel was definitely going to want to read that...

"Read what? This?" Joel asked with a sly grin, zooming in on the words and looking back at the LaxPad so he could read it easier.

"No!"

"Dear sister," Joel began, "I say this with complete confidence that you value your life just as much as any other human were to value theirs, and in this case, I need to restate some crucial information. Sister, the harshness of this society are beginning to get worse with every coming day. I feel guilty knowing that I'm safe, away from the place that I used to call home, while you're still stuck there. Your safety is my number one priority. You know just as well as I do that I cannot return, and that is why you must come back to me. Please, for my sake and for your own. Escape."

I blinked, tilting my head to the side as I listened to Joel. I had never even know that this letter had existed, and the fact that he wanted me to leave this place was enough for me to immediately pack my bags and get the heck out of here.

I'd do anything he says in a heartbeat.

"When was that sent...?" I asked, hesitantly.

"Why should I say?" Joel responded, pressing the off button on the LaxPad and holding on to it with a strong grip.

"Because I need to know! Does your pathetic brain need help understanding? I have to know when he sent this. It could be outdated for all I know."

I couldn't do anything physical, I was still being held up against a wall by one of Joel's idiotic henchmen.