Prologue

The atmosphere of the room was sickening

Or at least it was through the eyes of the one who wasn't here to party. The Xorian Robotic Convention was an event that all engineers looked forward to for the three years that separated each convention from the last one. There were several famous icons. In fact, you could find large patches of them scattered around the convention if you took a 360 degree turn. Maybe, if the Xorian representatives weren't here, the convention would've been a lot more enjoyable.

"Aesha, you're so slow." Said one of the girls standing by the self-destruction robot. Aesha, the one who had been addressed, was busy staring admiringly at the tiny robot that was trapped behind the glass box. The one who had invented it was a young boy of about 12 or 13, maybe. He was speaking on and on about how he was the one who deserved to win five thousand dollars because his creation was obviously the best.

If not mentioned before, the Xorian representatives get to pick a winner and a runner-up for the convention. The winner wins five thousand dollars while the runner up gives one thousand.

"I'm sorry, it's just...look at how flawless the design is!" Aesha muttered, her eyes still fixed on the droid inside.

"I'm going to leave without you in five seconds, Aesha." The other girl threatened.

"Wait, Blythe." Aesha protested.

"Five..."

"No!"

"Four..."

"Wait, just one more second."

"Three..."

"You have no appreciation for the robotic arts, Blythe."

"Two..."

Aesha said nothing.

"One!" Blythe finished, before turning on her heel and quickly walking off into the crowd, her blonde curls bouncing behind her. Aesha let out a small groan of protest before stepping away from the self-destruction robot booth. She only stopped when she heard a small explosion and a series of gasps from the crowd that had been watching. Looking over her shoulder, Aesha saw the same boy who had been bragging about his creation covered in soot. The glass box had a hole in it, and small parts of the robot were scattered around the ground and the table.

"Well at least he set the convention off with a bang." One of the crowd members said with a smirk afterwards, which got a couple of groans from the other listeners and some chuckles from some of the kids that were around.

With a small shrug, Aesha turned around quickly to follow Blythe, but she had lost her. What was the point of being dragged along here if her companion was just going to abandon her? Aesha had to push past some rude couple who were making out in the middle of the convention room even when she politely asked them to move.

"Take that to the woods or something." Aesha muttered after they shot her rude glances.

"Hurry up!"